Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Lays will always be Smiths and Twix will always be Raiders to me.
    Fight the power! Rebranding must be stopped!

2. Grimlock King

Grimlock King ME KING!

Ebay:
    I would love for DreamWave to come back and do TF comics

• Like Like x 1
  3. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

Living metal was always my belief

• Like Like x 7
  4. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very carefully, and with straws.

• Like Like x 7
  5. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You don't need DW to come back, IDW just needs to hire the same creators or in some cases bring back (Figueroa and Milne, Furman)
    Pat Lee would never be hired though.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I've decided something about TF movies and shows. Saying that they can't show them strictly on Cybertron because its too difficult and expensive is a steaming crock of shit and a piss poor cop-out. There were shows and movies made waaaay before then that created whole new worlds, or recreated worlds with practical effects or traditional animation.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Snickers will always be Marathon and Starbursts will always be Opal Fruits. Oh and Michael Keaton will always be Batman.

There's a lot of fondness for the Microman molds like Soundwave and Perceptor but I'd love to see the similar lines of recent years such as Device Label and the Real Gears get some attention.

On the subject of Real Gears, how come the Microman watches of the 80's had working digital watches in them but my favourite Real Gear, Meantime, only got a sticker in 2007?

I can imagine Meantime wearing a tee-shirt saying, "I transform into digital watch but all I got was this lousy sticker".

How and why did the HasTak designers think Primemasters would be a good successor to the Titanmasters? Primemasters are walking Cyber Planet Keys that don't activate any gimmick. Only the Pretender shells made them somewhat redeemable.

• Like Like x 6
  8. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I don't know why it's so easy to make Megatron a tank forevermore, but Soundwave, Blaster, and friends just can't escape being tape players and cassettes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wish they'd have a Transformers cartoon with Mike Judge as Runamuck and Runabout

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Didn't know that about Snickers.
    I also remember Michael Keaton as "Steve". But indeed mainly as Batman.

Meantime really was robbed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Soundwave never actually meant to implicate that Airachnid was treacherous. He played that recording back to Megs to remind him that he has no business accusing others of not being trustworthy when he had left them with no orders or back-up plan while he was out tripping on magic Unicron-shrooms. He hoped that maybe Megs would use this reminder as a chance to reflect on his rash decisions and resolve to do better, maybe actually start trying to connect with his troops and form stronger unions-

But of course Megatron overreacted and tried to have her killed, resulting in many many inconveniences to the cause, and all Soundwave can do is shake his head and contemplate why he ever stuck up for that moron.

• Like Like x 5
  12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m pretty sure Megatron would’ve stayed a gun to this day if it weren’t for the firearm-replica laws.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Perhaps. But my point was really more about the tape players and cassettes never really getting to move beyond their original altmodes, while all of us have pretty much accepted the change to Megatron's arguably iconic altmode.

14. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

In my opinion, that's most likely because the core design of Soundwave is so integrated into the tape player design, including how he ejects, his buttons, and his tape chest. You can get away with doing whatever you really want with Megatron because you couldn't really tell he transforms into a gun simply by looking at his character model in animation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jonas14

Jonas14 Member

I'm bugged by trying to figure out when the cartoon started in the UK (actually started a thread about it). Always thought Autumn 84 but that's too hot on the heels of its actual release and some speculation has it the following year. I do remember playing with Soundwave in my reception class 84/85 but apparently the toys were out before the cartoon. Last night I recalled getting Sunstreaker for my birthday in Oct85, I had to have known of him long before that and there had to be enough time before the movie for it to debut, everybody get really into it, see series2 episodes, kinda fade out of it and the movie come out, seems like more than a year would be needed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Prime Noble

I remember first seeing the cartoon on the Roland Rat show on weekday mornings during the summer of 1985. They showed 3 or 4 minutes of an episode, 5 days a week.
    Even on Wacaday with Timmy Mallett, the following year, they kept using that format. In the Summer of 87, they showed episodes in their entirety on Saturday mornings until it was replaced by MASK, a series I hated simply because it replaced Transformers.

During those 3 summers, ITV only showed Season 1 episodes though Season 2 and 3 episodes were available on video.

I'm glad of that looking back, because had I seen most of Season 2 it probably would have put me off the franchise as most of it was as badly written and animated as the old Ninja Turtles cartoon.

Thankfully we had the Marvel UK comic in Ireland with the far superior writing of Simon Furman who treated the audience with intelligence. Don't get me wrong, the few cartoon episodes I saw from seasons 2 and 3 I enjoyed and it was nice to see the likes of the Stunticons, Inferno and the Predacons animated and hear their voices but even as a kid, I preferred the more intelligent writing of the UK comic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jonas14

Jonas14 Member

interesting. I remember watching the first episode on a dark morning about 7.30ish so presumed autumn, but really could have been this time of year too, now i think about it. Since we were all rat-fans that's probably where I would have seen it.
    Also there's an episode in series1 where Brawn calls Soundwave 'dipstick tape deck' (brutal now, best forgotten/edited out) but at the time I remember likening it to the Shakin Stevens song 'lipstick powder and paint' which was out at the time.
    I'm trying to reason playing with Soundwave in school 84/85. Why it would have been bought for me before I knew it existed. Could have been a rainy day and was in that class again as a rarity. Memories play tricks.

Yeah. I don't remember seeing any season2 on TV, just the odd tape that came out, a few good episodes plus the Powerglide one. Watching the dvds as an adult I'm proud of series1, series3 (stories if not the animation) and the movie, but a lot of season2, not good, but better than nothing. (wish there were more).
    I'd have been about 7 when i saw series3 episode, so it being darker worked with me.
    Got a few comics still somewhere, wonder if they'll be any clue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prime Noble

I get the feeling the name Nova Prime was inspired by Prime Nova first mentioned in Matrix Quest from the G1 comic. Both came from the same writer of two different series.

I have to say I always felt Prime Nova had a better ring to it. Wish they'd use it again instead of Nova Prime. They might have to given there was a Nova Prime in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film.

Also we never heard of Guardian Prime or Alpha Prime after they were mentioned in the Dreamwave More than meets the eye books.

Given that the Godawful Alpha Trion has been forced into most modern series and retroactively made a Prime, he could at least be given a Prime designation and breathe life back into the Prime Alpha name.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Drift changing from blue to red has never made sense to me. He should have stayed Blue

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I hope Haslab Unicron will come with a speck of dirt in the shape of Galvatron.

• Like Like x 6