Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

It would have allowed Hasbro to characterize and explore many more toys without the constraints of 3D animation and budget.

I've been thinking, and it's really no that easy to find an alt-mode that evokes authority and heroism for an Autobot leader other than trucks, which are a safe bet with Optimus and Rodimus. By comparison, Decepticon leaders can be almost anything: tank, jet, gun, monster, etc. There is just a greater range of choices for a character who is supposed to be powerful and aggressive.

I tend to cross flying vehicle because, while practical, jets and planes in general don't necessarily carry a sense of heroic leadership for me, especially for the Autobots. A ground vehicle is more fitting for the leader of a faction that's mostly on wheels and an heroic commander should be leading the charge on the battlefield and fight alongside their soldiers, instead of overlooking the battle from above. If the Autobot leader is capable of flight, it should preferably be an upgrade they receive later.

Military vehicles are also an option, but I think tanks, missile carriers and the like are way too aggressive. An Autobot leader should always consider violence as a last resort, instead of rolling everywhere with a bulging canon. If an Autobot leader transforms into a military vehicle, it should be something primarily logistic but still imposing, like an HEMTT or an LVSR.

What do you think?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is honestly why I love the shows there the Matrix is MIA. It makes the leaders feel more relatable than some, "chosen" whatever.

3. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Anyone who tries to push the objectively false narrative that Slag's on-the-box name was changed because of some kind of campaign by an offended party should be severely beaten with baseball bats for being a fucking moron and not listening to reason.

• Like Like x 5
  4. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Yeah I think as long as it doesn’t hinder the design it’s fine. I never got the obsession with making sure you can’t see Primes wheels in robot mode. Like he is a truck, is he not?

Also some rather big kibble can be fun imo, like Huffer!

• Like Like x 8
  5. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Yeah, so I don't really understand it when people say they want updates of characters to simplify their kibble and make it more G1. Like...they're not cheap animation models made to conserve as much budget as possible while drawing them over and over again. They don't need to be that simple. And simplifying them goes against the whole accuracy thing we're doing (except for Prime it seems rip those guys)

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Lazyness for lack of trying will not be accepted.
    For instance ER primes but flap... Sucks but it's acceptable there was just no place to put it. Seige Optimus was a lazy half assed block of kibble crap . It could have been so much more. Loose the arm Kibble, and make the HUGE plate on his back a removable shield... Done perfect Cybertron G1 Prime that's not Sunbow. Another example. Jetfire is great epic and awesome yet Megatron has a MASSIVE Lazy backpack.

I can hear Hasbro Pitch meeting... Make Kibble Cool so we can safe money and raise Prices to add more Paint.

7. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

What does any of this have to do with what SecretWyvern posted?

8. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

There is only so much you can do at mainline price points in terms of parts count, size, and transformation, especially to get through safety guidelines. Megatron having tanktreads on his back, or Optimus having the roof and grill of his truck become a backpack does not equate laziness but simply the limitations of actually having to be a physical thing that can be made within the budget and sold at mass market without running into any troubles with the government.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lola

Lola Soap

It is official.
    I agree on some figures, but I think Megatron's backpack really isn't that bad. There are a lot of figures that have it worse. Seige Optimus is horrible I agree on that one but it's generally not as bad as many make it out to be.
    I think you underestimate the possibilities hasbro has, with clever engineering a lot of the problems these toys have could be easily fixed while still remaining in the budget constrains. I won't call it lazy but I don't believe they are doing everything in there capabilities.
    Something in between. Though I think Hasbro is putting in much more effort into their "more mature oriented" merchandise than they used to.
    since the Last Knight Hasbro generally seems much more careful with their decisions regarding the Transformers franchise and are playing it safer.
    They're working with the maximum instead of the optimum (not exactly obviously).

10. 2fabdad

But We have better much better at the same price point.

After posting this I realized I gave my seige Optimus away a while back. Damnit I need me some forearm Kibble cannons and a riot shield. I will track down a siege Prime and do it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  11. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Strange, because I consider Siege Optimus almost masterfully designed when compared to ER Optimus. This, despite the fact that I generally dislike Cybertronian/futuristic alt modes. Ideally I would want Seige architecture with the ER aesthetic, but if I could only keep one of the figures, it’d be Siege.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah, I think Siege Optimus looks nicer than Earthrise Optimus, probably because the chest doesn't seem to jut out as far.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2fabdad

Seige will always surpass ER as the definitive G1 Optimus for Most. Why... Because he looks the most like G1 Optimus Prime (from the front ONLY). I dislike the figure... Why... Because he looks like G1 Optimus from the front ONLY. Turn him any other direction and he's a 90's transformer. The arm Kibble and Plate makes him a Kids Toy. So... I gave mine to a kid. He loves it.

14. 2fabdad

Did you like Classics Optimus?

15. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THE WRECKERS ARE CANON IN THE NEW REBOOTED MOVIE UNIVERSE!!!!!! 43940816-1066-42A6-BD8B-79655F547962.jpeg 98BA7AB4-1B42-4F08-BA5E-C4DC0F535A33.jpeg Maybe this could mean that we could possibly get a wreckers movie down the line!

• Like Like x 6
  16. 2fabdad

Earthrise Megatron is my Favorite Hasbro Megatron. I just wish the Backpack was removable. An extra option. Maybe even a hole for soundwaves gun.

17. 2fabdad

:jawdropper: 

A wreakers Movie would be :bay 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Kibble doesn’t make something a kid’s toy. From my perspective, it often makes for a more interesting figure. Personally, I think ER looks more like the original Optimus Prime, but the hip articulation leads to some awkward proportions, the jutting chest makes for an odd profile, and the leg transformation is disappointing compared to Siege. It’s still a nice toy but is a little bit bland.

Personally, I don’t need a figure to look exactly like “G1 Whomever”. I want a nicely-designed figure that’s fun to transform and mess with, and which homages the character. I sure as hell don’t want a 3D version of the animation model. That would bore me to tears.

Besides… what is true “G1”? Is it the cartoon? The comic? For me, it’s the original toy.

• Like Like x 6
  19. 2fabdad

I'm happy for everyone who is satisfied with Seige or even Earthrise. The fact they Put the Kibble in the cartoon and made it Cannon.... I don't like it and never will. I do like the new ER Magnus repaint. That to me feels like a modernize G1 toy homage.

20. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Whoa, that's kinda crazy.

Classics Optimus is pretty cool. I think it's been surpassed but it's a classic.

• Like Like x 2