Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

actually

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

See? He's just standing there not dealing with it. :D 

Btw, I am totally just shooting the shit. Made a thread about it ages ago Ultra Magnus AWOL in the last 20 minutes of the 86 TF flick?
    so I hope that this won't turn into an "na-uhhhhh"/"ah-huuuuuuhhhh" thing. Magnus is mostly out of the movie by then so that Rodimus can ascend and become leader.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    A series of nothing but ex-Decepticons. All Autobots are gone. All humanity has left to defend Earth against them are themselves… and some unexpected allies on the run from a Decepticon hitman.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Cybertron has been the biggest continuity issue to the the Japanese g1/beast era timeline unite warriors comic explains VS survived the explosion and rebuilt to consistent to the beast era while Blue big convoy comic explains that Cybertron was no longer technorganic to be battle ready against Unicron since 2 and Neo take place after beast machines.

5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I always thought Protoforms as foot soldiers in the Bayformers were ugly as hell and just so uninspiring.
    [​IMG]
    Besides Seekers, can we also introduce Dreads as generic mooks now? These guys come in three varieties and are versatile as they can turn into pretty much anything. An SUV? Check. A police car? Check. A jet for some goddamn reason? Also check.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shepard Prime

In the live action flicks, the Transformers can survive and thrive in the dead cold of space at -454 F(which is near absolute zero).

So why does the cold weapons the humans evoke on Megatron and BB actually harm them again?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    At first glance I thought that was an image of DC's Swamp Thing. Man, I'm just not into that Bayformers aesthetic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

On Earth, Megarton lost his heat to his surroundings through conduction. That's why we feel cold. Our heat is being taken, so to speak, but the molecules and moisture in the air. Also, Megatron had all the ice and sleet harden and encase him.

But space is a vacuum, and there's nothing to take our heat away. The only way to lose heat in space is through radiation, which is a much slower process.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Does anyone know why Shockwave was introduced early 1984 but his toy came out 1985?

I was thinking hypothetically given all the 1984 toys and asked to make characters of them, I would have chosen Shockwave as the evil leader due to his distinctive inhuman face but then saw the kink in that plan. Incidentally although there are several possible Decepticon leaders, only Optimus has the gravitas to be Autobot leader of the bunch.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cartoonsforever

cartoonsforever Wreck the past, rule your future

Could you explain what that kink is?

11. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

His toy came out in 1985, not 1984 according to tfwiki. I'm wondering if they didn't actually have the rights to the toy yet or something and that's why Shockwave was relegated to being a minor character on Cybertron instead a main cast Decepticon.

• Like Like x 3
  12. cartoonsforever

cartoonsforever Wreck the past, rule your future

Ah I see

Incidentally, I think shockwave could work as rodimus prime’s archenemy (similar to Optimus and Megatron). This is because since rodimus is an overly emotional bot his foil would logically (pun intended) be someone completely devoid of emotion

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you ever think you're pretty stupid, remember...

A huge portion of the fandom were stupid enough to think Mainframe was a retool of CW Silverbolt that even TFWiki had to say it wasn't for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Unlike Diaclone and Micro Change, which were owned by Takara, I think another company owned the rights to that toy design and it had to be licensed for use in the TF line. That may have taken some time. Takatoku-sourced Roadbuster, Whirl, and Jetfire likewise weren’t released until 1985. I’m actually surprised Shockwave’s design was allowed to be translated so faithfully to the cartoon, given that Jetfire was renamed and revised for it, and Roadbuster and Whirl never appeared at all.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shepard Prime

Jetfire was an issue more due to the really strange rights situation between Harmony Gold, Big West and Tatsunoko/Studio Nue over Macross. That's why Jetfire had to be renamed and revised.

Shockwave was from Galactic Man or something from another company like you said.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Even if they had released Shockwave in 1984 I think they would have still gone with Megatron as leader. The Shockwave toy was a bigger bot, Megs was closer to Optimus size. They may have kept the leaders at similar size. Shockwave was more suited to rival Jetfire (European Autobot leader).

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Drift could probably have his on movie if done right. Ok don't destroy me for saying this but if they built him up and gave him a great backstory like his idw comic appearance I truly think he'd be up there with Bee in popularity.

18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I think they could have, but the character has accumulated a lot of baggage. He was designed to be a “cool character” and the over-hyping almost completely ruined him. Roberts did a lot to salvage his story, though, and I think any investment in Drift now would need to build on that. All elements of Bayverse Drift need to be completely ignored, though. That mess should be dumped into a deep pit, set on fire, and then buried.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    Maybe it’s not so much the cold but the ice buildup? Cold can actually be good for computers since it helps to prevent their CPUs from overheating (a major problem for gaming computers). But coating your Pc in frost is not a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Funny you mention it, I recall there being a Marvel UK story about Hot Rod actually catching Shockwave off-guard by acting intentionally reckless and unpredictable. I can't remember exactly which issue it was, but I think it was one of the later ones where an old, war-grizzled Rodimus reminisces of his past adventures.

• Like Like x 3