Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RED cheetor is technically the netflix version.

• Like Like x 3
  2. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wishing IDW 1 had firestar join the lost light instead of velocity so my nautica/firestar headcanon ship felt a bit closer to reality.

3. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Is there an actual origin for the Junkions?

If there isn't, I like to think that they were robotic beings that were sold by the Quintessons to a warring planet that was stuck in either in a civil war or against foreign enemies.

They clashed against each other for years ravaging the planet of their masters until one day the war caused the planet to be uninhabitable. The master of the Junkions either left the planet or died off leaving the Junkions on that planet who still fought against each other long after the war mattered anymore.

But this barbaric war against each other would slowly dwindle and relegated to little more than a fun brawl with the absence of a master ordering them around.

Once they stopped fighting against one another they slowly rebuilt the planet they are on but the war prove to be so devastating that they couldn't fix it fully.

Then one day, somehow a radio wave that came from Earth reached the planet and they found this intriguing. The Junkions would parrot whatever they hear from these radio wave and it became a past time to repeat what they hear to make everyday on Junkion a little bit lively as they rebuilt their worlds and themselves.

• Like Like x 6
  4. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I was reading through some stuff on the Aligned continuity, and there's been one thing that's been irking me a bit.

I really dislike the idea that the Fallen's original name was Megatronus, and I also think that we shouldn't even know what the Fallen's original name was. His name was stricken from history for his crimes, so the characters in the story shouldn't know his name, but I also think that we shouldn't know his name either. Also, the name Megatronus is a really stupid name. Like, it's just a poorly Latinized version of Megatron. I don't like how Megatron basically just took his name from someone else and shortened it a bit; I dunno, it's kinda dumb to me.

So yeah, Megatronus is dumb.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Abigail Barajas

Abigail Barajas LilithHam

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    PLAYSETS SOUND AWESOME

6. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

Animated is overrated

• Like Like x 1
  7. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Banned

My reaction when I found out that TFW2005 once hated Animated
    [​IMG]

8. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I'm with you 100%! I haaaaaate the "Megatronus" name -- and now it's spreading! Have you heard of "Dinomus"??? Good lord talk about zero imagination.
    That said, I DO like the name "Galvatronus". But, I mean, it actually makes sense -- GALVATRon from CyclONUS.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. scuffed up rts bumblebee

scuffed up rts bumblebee #Justice4Chopter Trench's#1Fan

just wait until you see human names

• Like Like x 1
  10. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    "Dinomus" is awful. Just, ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Is that going to be a new Dinobot toy in the future?

12. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    This is going to sound like a tumblr post. What can I say, just graduated Uni
    -Do jazz and blaster just sound like black guys, or does cybertron have races? (other than autobot or decepticon) Is it like a fembot thing, where some cybertronians just happen to fit within earth's stereotypes of human sexual dimorphiphism and gender roles due to being written, created, and played by humans? If not, does anything determine this? Is it purely dialect? Bayverse aside, black coded transformers don't look different from their peers. Race in humans is simply sets of biological variations assigned a societal value. Maybe cybertronians have linguistic/vocal variation that happen to resemble that of our ethnicities, but just don't make a big deal about it. I guess when your species is in an apocalyptic culture war, you forget about things like this.
    - Are ____masters technological innovation, or biological variation. If they're biological, why aren't they present from day 1?If they're technological, why do both sides seem to discover them around the same time? Did the decepticons steal headmaster tech from brainstorm? Who invented powermasters?
    -Sixshot canonically has a son. Did he actually reproduce? And if so, how? Budding? Building? Vector Sigma? Are the dinobots Wheeljack and Ratchet's kids?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

HRG.png
    Yes, definitely, absolutely!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

I think it's a little of column A, a little of column B for this one. We could come up with any number of headcanons or theories for why some Cybertronians fit our expectations and stereotypes of certain groups, but the fact of the matter is that Transformers is a franchise made by humans and we're going to project our viewpoints onto the characters. The G1 writers wanted Jazz and Blaster to come across as hip and cool, so they used the vocal performances of Scatman Crothers and Buster Jones to communicate that to the audience. That's what coding is - using visual/audio shorthand to make you associate certain characters with certain real-life groups. Eg: the Kajhiit in Skyrim are meant to evoke Romani people, the orcs in Bright are meant to evoke Black people (ugh), etc. Jazz and Blaster sound like Black guys because that's what the writers wanted us to hear, not because of any in-universe reasons.

Also, congratulations on graduating! That's a huge deal! :D 

• Like Like x 5
  15. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Congrats on graduating!

I'm on tumblr almost every day, this doesn't sound like a tumblr post :) 

The voice actor for Jazz was Scatman Crothers and he is black. That's pretty much it. I don't think he or Blaster is 'black-coded'. They just have black voice actors.

Also, only in TFA are Autobot and Decepticon different enough to be considered races. In most continuities, while the Autobots tend to primarily come from the upper classes and the Decepticons from the lower classes, actually joining a faction is a conscious decision that people make based on their personal priorities, morality, grievances, etc.

There's no single canonical answer to the question of why some robots consider other robots to be their parents, their children, their siblings, etc. As a fanfiction writer, I'm fine with that because it means I can make up whatever I want.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I realize the fiction is as the writers choose it to be, but there are several reasons why I don’t like this Q&A.
    - I don’t like the stupid “Me Grimlock” depiction of that character. My head canon had him pegged as intelligent (if not brilliant), brutal, and temperamental. No speech deficiencies, but also no sentimentality.
    - I hated the episode “Grimlock’s New Brain”.
    - I don’t like the concept of Cybertronians being created by other Cybertronians. It somehow diminishes their significance in my mind. I prefer they have an evolutionary origin and procreation that’s independent of both asexual and sexual reproduction. But regardless, I don’t like the build-a-bot concept.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    B02B553D-CC01-4482-95ED-0D44564D98BD.jpeg 7AEBC7A7-A66B-4665-8064-0B51F379A009.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  18. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I find it ironic that “Brett” insisted on proper grammar but misspelled the word.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

George.

• Like Like x 1