Random TF toy molds you have Less Than Zero interest in...but ended up buying anyway?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by batfan007, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CW Leader Megtron. Stacking a bunch of deals got him for like $12 or so. Had no intention of getting one. Decent.

TR Fort maxx - passed on metroplex, jumped on Fort Maxx at $75. Love it!

MP10 - never had any interest in one. Then KO OS black version from wei jang came along. Astounding. Would have no interest without this version.

2. BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV

BLACK BATTLE RODIMUS CONV Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Beast Wars Razorbeast. Beast wars had just come out and I wan't sold on the concept of transformers turning into animals. I bought him out of curiosity for the line. Razorbeast instantly turned me into a beast wars fan and is still one of my favorite figures.

3. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Titan Returns Blaster. I never had the original G1 Blaster as a kid, so this was a nostalgic purchase.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Platinum Optimus primal....saw him for 30 bucks and loved the giant gorilla, and the gimmicks even if the right arm is gimped do to the punching one

5. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Reveal the Shield Legends class Gold Bumblebee.
    I was buying a few things from someone on the TFW Marketplace and I realized I had $3 left over in my budget so I said "what the hell, I'll also take the Gold Bumblebee for $3."
    It's actually a fun little figure to fiddle around with and I don't regret getting it.

6. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Mp Road Rage.
    No interest, no connection to the character or desire for the G1 Tracks toy gun it came with.
    I bought it anyway. Might sell it once another female MP comes out- looking at you Arcee!

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Far too many to list. Big chunks of TFP, AoE and now RID. I blame crappy UK distribution since when I'm in the mood for a new TF and I can't find what I actually want (currently Titans Returns) I tend to just buy what's on the shelf that I don't already have. I'm slowly unlearning that habit. Now when I can't find the TF I really want to buy I just spend that money on Lego instead which always satisfies. So... problem solved, I guess. :redface2: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    everything from new rid, steeljaw i thought hay a new decpectecon leader cool and hes not, strongarm i always need more fembots and this toy sucks, megatronus ohhh one of the 13 well well well what i suprise this thing only looks good front on.

headmaster blurr i dont get what people see in this mold at all serously its a bad toy infact most his transformation rides on being a parts former and im not talking about his head (which he cant keep his antanay part up)

i was kinda like this with scourge but i placed terrabulls head on him and found a awsome place to stick his cannon and it saved the toy for me.

9. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

Yup. Had zero interest in this after both Standard Prime and Motormaster, but a 11.99 price tag at TJ Maxx convinced me to buy him anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's where I got mine, as a matter of fact.

11. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

I totally forgot about DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime. After getting Battle Blades Optimus I thought I didn't need the new DOTM mold because he was so inaccurate and wonky looking. But I remember Target putting TF on sale in the summer of 2011 and they had this great coupon you could print from the website for a while, so I picked him up as I had most of the other voyagers already. I have actually played around with him more than any other movie voyager Prime to date. But I'll probably sell him if I get the TT version with the trailer.

12. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Deluxe Groove. I didn't want him - I was perfectly happy with my Legends Groove as Defensor's chestplate. But at $9.99 plus tax, I couldn't pass up a Combiner Wars figure in a sea of Titans Return.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, Triggerhappy - never had the original, didn't care about the character, but damn if the Titans Return toy isn't one of the best TFs that I've gotten lately.

[​IMG]

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Legends LG32 Chromedome. Because I already bought his Titans Return counterpart, I was sold on his G1 Anime Accurate face sculpt alone. That was all it took. :lol 

14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

CW Rodimus

I really don't like the Legend size class but I am a huge Hot Rod fan so I ended up getting it.

Then I found out about the oversized ko. I got it for a very reasonable price and I loved it.

It's scout size. For 30 years I've wanted a Hot Rod that scaled well with the Diaclones.

It's excellent quality and one of my favourite toys now.

15. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Evasion mode Optimus.... 3 of the damn things now

16. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This happened to me with TFP BW voyager OP when buying TFP voyager Predaking. Wasn't at all bothered with OP due to the cheap look of the plastic but picked him up anyway as he was cheap.

Once in hand; I loved him. Such a posable, fun figure. I ended up painting his windowscreen black and his sword silver though. A lot better than the shoddy Predaking offering.

17. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

Titans Return Triggerhappy, because the UKTD was awash with how he was the best Deluxe ever!!!... and he's damn good
    Bot-Con Lift-Ticket and Burn-Out. They were going cheap, and I thought 'Why not?' They're both pretty nice figures, and Lift-Ticket makes me want Hoist and Trailbreaker just to have more of the mold. Plus, Trailbreaker's awesome anyway.