Random TF toy molds you have Less Than Zero interest in...but ended up buying anyway?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by batfan007, Jan 13, 2017.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

So, what TF toy mold that you had no initial interest in, did you end up buying anyway, or down the line for whatever reason, and ended up enjoying? (including redeco, variants, mainline, one-off's etc)

2. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

IMG_4804.JPG

Bisk. Had no interest, suddenly folded like a house of cards and picked it up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

During the aoe toyline, target marked down that silver knight prime and grimlock two pack, never had any interest in either figure, bought it because I like a good deal, silver knight prime is now the optimus I fidle with the most, so shiny, I love it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Legends ROTF Bumblebee and Legends ROTF Soundwave. They were bundled with the orange Legends Rodimus.

edit:
    Oh, I only read the title. While I don't hate these toys, I did not end up enjoying them. They are just there. I really only wanted Legends Rodimus :lol 

Only thing that might fit the OP and saves this post might be RTS Bumblebee. I really never had any interest in Bumblebee, but when I saw him for cheap at a local store, I bought him, as I really liked the paintjob with the warm yellow and black stripes. Made him sorta a Classics Bumblebee that also homages Animated and Movie Bumblebee. I never had any interest in Bumblebee, but he's a cute little fella that completes my Classics collection. I ended up also buying a G1 Legends EZ Collection Bumblebee for my Legends collection.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

DOTM Shockwave. I hate most of the Decepticon movie designs, and find the movies to be loud and incomprehensible messes of CGI, breasts, explosions, and shouting so I almost completely stopped collecting during the movie years. I had a particularly traumatic 2011, a year in which I lost the funding for my college the year before I was supposed to graduate with my Bachelors in political science, my apartment, and any love for humanity in general. I don't want to go into detail, but suffice to say I saw and experienced the worst humanity has to offer that year and have not been the same since.

After leaving my apartment in the city, I packed up my stuff and moved back to my childhood home, a dismal place populated by about 2,000 people, most of them either meth addicts or the elderly. After packing up the remnants of my apartment and unloading them back into my childhood home, I grudgingly walked into a Wal Mart with my mom and found Shockwave sitting on the shelf. I didn't really want him at the time, but some part of me just needed to distract myself from the complete shit that had been the previous year, so I used the little bit of cash I had left to buy him alongside a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.

The bottle of wine is long gone, but Shockwave still persists on my shelf as my CHUG Shockwave and I still love him, both as a reminder to keep on trying (I saved for three years to escape this town and finally transferred with my job in 2014, only to be forced to quit my job because of a lack of insurance when I was having heart problems. Still, I will keep on trying) and as just a damn good figure. I know, a bit of a sob story, but Shockwave here was a flash of light in a time when all I could see was darkness and I am strangely attached to him.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    T30 Armada Starscream and Goldbug.
    I only bought them for my SG collection.
    Theyre kind of fun to transform and they are good enough SG versions.

7. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The TR Blaster / Soundwave Mold. Blaster done right was far more attractive (even though it's oversized compared to the deluxes and voyagers), so I was interested in picking him that. I also picked up Soundwave, for some reason, even though I'm not a fan of his puffy look and have MP Soundwave.

I'm also going to put Generations Metroplex on this list. It was really cool we got such a big Transformer and such a great G1 homage, but I never particularly cared for the character and thought he was rather flimy. However I was VERY excited for the Legends Fortress Maximus remold, because I liked that character more and liked the remold much more than the Generations Metroplex iteration.

8. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    That was me too. Something about the colors and uniqueness of the figure grabbed me. Bisk was my first R.I.D. figure. I've since picked up R.I.D. Windblade, but have managed to stay away from the rest.

9. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Titans return prime and Megatron, about an hour ago. They were always a solid pass for me In favour of their blitzwing/octane remakes, but I just found them and tr hotrod so picked em up.
    Two of the worst transformers I own. So much so, I doubt I'll get the remakes.

10. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I'm slightly worried this post is from my future. I keep seeing him and peer pressure... :p 

11. Pho'ptimus Prime

For me, it's the appeal of an oddly colored (to the rest of my collection), kooky, lobster-inspired look that doesn't transform into a lobster alt mode. I'll be one of the guys out there that loves shellfish but not keen on lobster (maybe it's the huge effort to crack them up to get to their meat ~ I'm butt lazy) but I just jumped at this like when a seafood buffet opens up.

12. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I forgot their names. Rock and roll motorcycle dude from RID2015 and that SUV stumpy dude with a giant head/mouth.

I agree with the lobster dude. Such a unique piece. Bisk is also a perfect name. :lol 

13. Pho'ptimus Prime

This is what's gonna happen to me when I go pick up Sovereign today at A3U.

Gonna walk out with peer pressure TR Hot Rod too and justify it by coming up with a lame excuse that I need a 'Captain' for my TR shelf or I need a TR that can pep everyone up with 'Til all are one.

But... I will resist. I will wait for the inevitable Takara repaint to decide which one I'll jump on.

14. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

First edition Optimus prime tf4. Don't like this mold and heard terrible things about it but caved in when I seen it at ross. Found a mint box, so there it stays sealed. first-edition-tf4-prime-2_1390427628.jpg

15. Veleno

Veleno um

I bought CW Legion Wreck Gar because why not.

16. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Hahaha, I almost did quite a few times, but having groove is good enough for me. On these little guys that are hard to resist because they are inexpensive, I just tell myself I can put that $$$ towards something I really want. Works most of the time lol

17. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    The BW Neo Guildart mold as AoE Slug.

I decided to get a Stinger for my Cyberverse/Legends collection and the pack with Slug was on clearance (same as an individual legends), so I grabbed it. The Guildart mold is pretty weird, but fun in its own way (dead mode FTW!). I have him displayed in dino mode with my movie cyberverse collection and the scale works nicely.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought & did not enjoy:

RotF Blazemaster - I only ended up with the mold after buying the Platinum Protectobots set with the Blades redeco included. Transformed it, was as unimpressed by it in-hand as I was by pics, and it just sits on a shelf, toward the back, obscured by better figures.

ML Sideswipe - I really like minicons and go after any with even minor differences, and I have this thing of preferring to own their larger partner figures when they were bundled together, so I ended up with Sideswipe. It's...not good.

AM Blackarachnia - See above.

Bought & enjoyed:

Botcon Dirge & Buzzclaw - Only picked them up because I wanted the rest of the figures in the '05 set & saw an eBay listing for cheap. Turns out their another Basic-type figure I shouldn't have dismissed. Despite the misassembly on the insect face, they're pretty nifty.

CW Breakdown - Got it for the first time with the G2 Menasor set. In-hand, it wasn't as terrible as so many pics of the mold made it look to me. It's by no means a figure I love, and the non-G2 redecos of Breakdown are definitely not my cup of tea, but the G1 & G2 Breakdowns are at least passably decent figures for me. That's a huge leap from where I was before I got it.

19. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    RiD2.0 Drift - just saw a lone drift and I picked itup. . love the figure

20. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

Prime Beast Hunters Beast Fire Predaking. The most overpriced pile of shit I'd ever seen...until he was on clearance for $10.48 USD at Target. I had to get him.

[​IMG]