Rael's Eclectic New IKEA Display

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Rael, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Rael

Rael Shameless Armada Fan

With some help from IKEA, I've finally gotten to a point where I'm happy with my display, so here it is. I keep a decent amount (maybe 40% of the whole collection) more G1, Prime, etc. stored in bins, but I'm enjoying rotating things in and out of the display to save space.

I mostly stick to figures of characters I like--unless I go nuts over a series and end up with the whole cast. There are also some gaps here and there of space reserved for things on pre-order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. jpizzow

jpizzow Well-Known Member

Those 200x MOTU figures are some of the most underrated figures of all time - good molds, good paint apps, awesome cartoon. I'm currently trying to complete my set. But, since this is a transformers forum, nice bots too!!

3. Rael

Yep, some people complain about the limited articulation, but between what they do have, the accessories, and the gimmicks, I don't think they were hurting for playability. Plus, they display really well. :D  I only wish they could've gotten more characters out before having to switch over to stactions (and that the show hadn't gotten cancelled mid-season, but c'est la vie). The comics also don't get nearly enough love, IMO.

And thanks! :) 

4. Robowang

Robowang I don't have AIDS

Ebay:
    Fantastic displays!

I have a bunch of Billy book cases, but I don't have any doors yet. The almost all-glass doors are fairly new, I think. I just don't have the money for them right now. I would LOVE to get my G1s behind glass.

5. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice to see the Bot Shots, Rescue Bots, and even a McDonalds piece finally getting some love. Nice mix, good display, thanks.

6. Rael

Thanks! The glass doors are more than a little overpriced, I think. When an entire Detolf costs $65 but a single door costs $55, it just doesn't feel right. I ended up having to space out buying the different pieces mainly because of the cost of the doors. If you end up getting some, watch out for the partially drilled holes for the handles. The ones on mine didn't quite match up, so now my handles are slightly askew. lol

Yeah, I think I've got 11 McDonald's toys displayed total. :lol  I like having a bunch of the little, cutesy stuff out together--they're great if you just feel like messing with something simple.

7. AutobotSoldier

AutobotSoldier Well-Known Member

Greta display. I want to get a similar setup. So correct me if im wrong. What you have Billy Bookcases with window doors?

8. Rael

Yep, standard Billy with two Oxberg glass doors each. I also swapped out the top two shelves on each with glass ones. Drill a hole in the top for the Grundtal light and add some knobs from Home Depot, and you have my set-up. (I might advise going with a different light if you plan on leaving it on for long periods, though. These ones tend to put out a lot of heat.)

From below vvv
    Yeah, I had them on the cheapest shelving I could find for a good long while, but it got to the point where the dust drove me nuts. That and cats played a big part in convincing me that I needed glass doors. lol

BTW, not a man--unless you meant that in the gender neutral sense of the word, which I'm totally cool with. :p 

9. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    Very frickin cool man. That display might have cost a pretty penny but seems worth it when you have thousands of dollars worth of collectibles to display. I think that if you invest a lot in your collection why not house them in something nice?

10. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Very clean and organized. I like!

11. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I love this! How tall are these cases? I was looking at some that would go floor to ceiling at Ikea that were 93". These look smaller.

12. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

If you add a dioder set to the detolf you'll want to drop unicorn down to planet mode. While he looks dramatic With light right over his head streaming through his horns and spikes it oddly turns his head white.

13. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Sweet collection!