R.I.P. Shaun_C :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mechamits, Jun 14, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

still shocked at the news...from all the posts he did and even with all the crap he got, he seemed like a really nice guy. Sad to see a nice guy go at a young age.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I still can't believe he's gone. Every minute, I'm expecting him to pop in here and say "you guys thought I was WHAT!?".:( 

I can't help but ask, but I've got to know...What did he die of? From the way it was described, it happened so sudden...Two days...

3. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I've been thinking and all the tributes that everyone has planned are awesome and I'm sure he would be happy to know everything that everyone is doing for him. Since I never had the pleasure of meeting and knowing him personally I hope I'm not out of line here, but from what I have heard about him and again from the mannerisms I've seen of him at BotCon I think we are all forgetting one aspect that would truly make him happy.

This year at BotCon (or any BotCon hereafter perhaps) everyone should make it a point to meet and talk with at least one new person who you've either seen at several BotCons before but never had the chance to talk to, or someone who you've never seen at a BotCon before as this could be their first, or just someone new in general.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, just a thought...

4. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

R.I.P SHAUN

I think there should deffenetly be like a sort of online memorial for him and tfmaster

R.I.P SHAUN_C AND TFMASTER

5. Mechamits

Mechamits Twin Turbo Power

I agree with AutobotSDG, Shaun was always an upbeat guy and he was the one that looked me up on the boards and tried to be friends with me. Having been in the fandom for a while and also being in the anime fandom for over a decade I know that fans aren't always the most outgoing sociable types, but he was different he made a conscious effort to go out of his way and break any preconceived notions we normally have about each other. He made so many people feel welcome, it's only right we try to do the same to honor him, and it doesn't have to be at a big event like a Botcon, it can be in your own hometown, even if it's starting up conversations in the lineup for the movie, meeting another fan in the TF aisle. I know I'm a better person for having met him and my appreciation for the fandom has also increased.
    :) 

6. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    *cyber hug from Cybertron*

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I couldn't believe it at first. I remember Shaun from my start here on the boards. It's a real shame he had to go. I'm still stupified to see a long time regular board member "just go".

Condolences to his family and friends.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never met Shaun except on this board. I always thought him to be one of the more level-headed and thoughtful fans. I too hoped to meet him at the Botcon. Rest in peace and I hope you're in a much better place now. Hard to think about missing someone you never met. It's a sad day.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

?? awha wha WHA WHAT THE FUCK???

Read every post HOPING this was a twisted joke. Just damn man, I'll be thinking about this for months. TFW will never be the same, SC was an outstanding guy.

Wow, this is really sad, still hard to believe. There should be a Botcon tribute session for him.

If it not too much to ask, will someone get A BIG condolence card for people at Botcon to sign, so it can be sent to his family with best wishes.
    Alot of people will miss him :( 

10. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Instagram: colin_tfcon Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's a good idea as well.

11. Chaos Muffin

I wish we all could attend his funeral, but that would be nearly impossible. A big card would be the next best thing.

Plus it would be nice for his family to know that he had thousands of friends that loved him and that he never went through life alone.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Perhaps something else we can do at BotCon. A big card that we can send to his family, to which they could keep or leave at his grave ... whatever is fitting.

13. Deszaras

Deszaras In the next episode...

Several of us are attending his funeral.

I was thinking of printing out both threads, giving a copy to his family and putting another copy in an envelope marking it "We miss you Shaun! Your TFW2005 family" and giving it to Shaun (if the family is okay with it and if its appropriate).

14. Chaos Muffin

For those who can't attend, maybe there's a way they could mail in their condolence, so you all can get as many people as possible to be on that card.
    There could be a nice little memorial display of him for Botconners to approach.

Was SC a member of any other TF related boards? May be good to contact them as well so we can all be on this together in some way. Since they'll be at the show as well.

KB , I bet you and Jux could make an awesome vid about him. Maybe that can be a little tribute bonus for his family to appreciate. Just dont want to cross any lines though

Im just blabbering away man, still shocked...

EDIT- The idea above sounds cool

15. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  16. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, this is really just hard to believe. I gave the guy some grief (like most of us did), but we all knew it was just joking around. I'll miss the guy and his word choices. That is to young an age to be taken at, RIP Shaun.

EDIT: Hopefully if someone does print this up they edit out sigs and avatars, since some don't really look right in this context.

17. betetta

betetta guitar face

i'm doing exactly the same. (and i hate diet coke with all my heart)

and i already strated to look for a pool to jump since i'm not going to botcon (please let me know when is it happening, even from the distance i want to take part on it)

18. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Rest in peace, dude. Nobody deserves their innings to be that short.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

Yes, that's a great idea. Because there are some of us not attending that might want to sign the card.

20. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Just talked to Skor on the phone, he's in France and not anywhere near a comp, so he asked me to post his condolances and to say that he is raising a beer in his honour.