R.I.P. Shaun_C :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mechamits, Jun 14, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Anytime you hear of or know of someones death, it really pulls at you. The concept that they won't be here tomorrow, or join in on anything more in your life. But I see nearly 20 pages of people who knew him, and knew of him, in a board of thousands, people noticed him, liked him, had fun with him. I hope he realized that. i hope he knew he was well thought of and well liked on here, and I hope it made him happy. I hope he got to enjoy his life here. I hope everyone who knew him, has nothing but kind thoughts and fun memories of him. And although it may make you cry a little bit, I hope those memories still bring a smile to your face.

And I hope he knows that too.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shit shit shit, this sucks. Even I teased the guy a bit, and for no good reason. I hope he never took any of it the wrong way. Jesus. I hope he's in a better place, that's all I can say I guess. Geez, I feel so bad.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I still can't process this. I...ugh.

Sorry for being a turd to you, sometimes, Shaun. You were so positive...we're gonna miss that. Nobody's going to be able to fill that space.

RIP, dude.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey, rather than getting all morose and shit, lets recall all the happy times that shaun_c provided.

i think the biggest grin he ever provided for me was, he called out dude, "you silly goose" after dude ribbed him 'bout something. hehe, who the hell says silly goose these days, that guy XD

5. deathprime

deathprime age old noob

Man, I dont post here hardly at all, been around for a long time though.

Usually skim almost every page, but Shaun_C's post always stuck out to me, If i saw his name i ususally stopped skimming and read.

I am praying for his family, and his close friends here in this community, death is a tough thing for anyone to deal with, especially when its someone who stands out in a crowd.

God bless,

Lee

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Shaun and I talked a bit for awhile there last year when he was having job issues and I was kind've mentoring him a bit in that regard. He seemed like a very honourable guy.

It's quite saddening to hear this. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I really still cant believe that he's gone.....I don't know I just don't want to.

Having known the man in real life and having had roomed with him at Botcon in Dallas back in 2005 I can say without reservation he was, despite his shortcomings, one of the most genuinely nice persons I have ever had the privilege of meeting. He was just a good person and a great guy period. I knew back then that a lot of his stuff had been related to long term and ongoing medical issues, and having talked to him, seem him around here on TFW, and at Botcon last year, I knew it was something he struggled with. But at the same time it was almost inspiring. We all have problems in real life but Shaun from what I know has I'm sure not to have had an easy life, but despite the adversity he always had his head held high, a smile on his face, and something nice to say despite everything. What makes this so hard is also with Botcon only weeks away the show wont be the same without him. He was a true fan of the Transformers and the fact that this happened so close to one of the greatest moments in the history of a franchise that Shaun and all of us love makes this especially hard.

I don't know I don't but that's what I gotta say, like I said this is all so sudden I still cant believe it.

Shaun you will be missed buddy RIP.

My thoughts and prayers go to his friends and family.

8. awful_gollum

awful_gollum Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow. I can't believe that Shaun is really gone. I never knew the guy, but I knew the fact that he was great TF fan and a dedicated 2005 member. It really sucks to lose a fellow TF fan like this.:( 

What sucks even more is that he won't be around to see the release of the TF movie, which he was so excited to see.:cry  In memory of Shaun, we should all think of him well when we go see the movie. I know I will.

Rest in Peace, Shaun Christopher. May angels guide you to the next life.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    For the Shaunster:

[​IMG]

One of his favorites.

10. Heatbag

Heatbag Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    RIP buddy, My thoughts and prayers go out to your family

11. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Wow, just... wow. I read the topic and was awestruck. I didn't want to believe the news, and I soon found myself scanning all the pages, futilely hoping to read that it wasn't true.

I never knew the man personally. In truth, he was a stranger to me. But somehow I still feel like I've lost a friend. I only knew him through his posts, but those words allowed me to see that he was truly one-of-a-kind. He had the sort of optimism and zest for life that I wish I had, and though I never met him, I still greatly admired him. Of all the members on this board, he was one of the few I would've really liked to talk to in person, and it's a shame I'll never get that chance now. He really was a good man, and he didn't deserve to go so soon.

It's a terrible shame that he'll never get to see the movie, especially since it always seemed like, out of all of us, he was the one that was most looking forward to it...

Rest In Peace, Shaun, the fandom has indeed suffered a great loss...

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He probably hated it, but here's one I made for him:

[​IMG]

He did love to talk about that damn gym.

13. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

We've lost too many Transfans this year.

14. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Be you at rest, Shaun_C.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Yeah, here's to that. WTF!?

16. Deszaras

Deszaras In the next episode...

Throughout HS and even on here, Shaun always had the idea in his mind that he never really had friends.. he did have a few close ones but he didn't realize that he really touched each of our lives and people genuinely cared about him.

When he graduated high school, there was the diploma ceremony.. there were times when someone would do the walk-across and there was the usual hollering and clapping.. but the moment Shaun's name was called and he did his walk-across.. the entire gymnasium exploded and there were people doing the arsenio hall thing, hooting, hollering, clapping and it was absolutely amazing to look around and see everyone around you standing, cheering him on.

I still smile when I think about it...

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Man, I hate to say it, but the first thing I did when I saw the front page was bailed out and hit the club forums absolutely SURE I'd see a post of his....yeah, pretty stupid. I was his room mate last year at Botcon and have talked to him several times in the last year. I was really looking forward to seeing him again in RI. He was so stoked about Botcon, and hanging with everybody...I still can't really get my head around this one. You will certainly be missed my friend :( 

18. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

aw man, another one of us is gone :/, he was really young.....

let peace be with you and see you soon fandom friend
    [​IMG]

19. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

20. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I didn't know Shaun at all. But it's always sad when a member of the family passes away.

Prayers go out to his family and friends.

You will be missed Shaun_C.
    Rest In Peace & Godspeed.