Quitting is So Hard sometimes!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    LOL, yes, no way I could anticipate the influx of news after that reply.

Either way, I still stand. Barring Soundwave [who's on the way], there's 2 sets I want in Feb\March [The cassettes], three releases spread over the next 6 months and the aforementioned big release at the end of the year.

Note that I'm not counting Acid Storm, Black Convoy OR Tigertracks yet, but who knows?

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even right now, collecting solely MP isn't bad. Let's just take the releases this year and their current going prices:

MP-13: 184.99
    MP15: 59.99
    MP16: 59.99
    MP17-19: 79.99 ea (239.97 all together)

grand total: $544.94 (plus shipping)

If that's all the MP's this year, you're still coming in under $600 shipped.
    I know damn well that's the least amount I've spent on transformers in quite awhile. Seems quite excellent to me going forward.

I didn't count the exclusives or possible hasbro releases either. But strictly for takara mainline MP's, it's not too much to be into the hobby.

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I have more of an issue NOT quitting. My time in the hobby is defined by 'stints' of up to 4 years or so before something comes along and my attention and enthusiasm for the hobby gets buried.

I found the only way to keep it feasible while trying to have a family, a future and sensible goals in life is to focus my collecting massively. I have sacrificed loads of toy lines including Masterpiece, and then I see what's coming out for the MP line in 2013 and it makes these decisions even more agonising...

All the best
    Maz

4. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Picked up this Month so far

MP13 Red Alert
    MP14 Soundwave
    Beast Hunters Wheeljack

I have a Universe / RTS Carded collection lined up and Henkei Silverbolt / Powerglide for local pickup.

So far a interesting month.

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

No signs of quitting for me, I have been collecting since 96 and I enjoy the stories and memories on how I aquired pieces in my collection. I have slowed down a couple of times so I can collect other lines. Its also a fun hobby, I have met some awesome people who have amazing collections and share the same love for this line that I do. If this hobby becomes all consuming and you can't afford it anymore, then you should step back and slow down.

6. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one - got laid off last month.

I pre-ordered Mobine before the job loss so that'll be it for me until a steady paycheck starts rolling back in. Sorry, Uranos, no limbs for you. Yet.

At least the dry spell in my area is helping a bit. It doesn't hurt to have never seen PRiD airrachnid or some of the others at all. The store pegs only have the tags for beast hunters but nothing hanging from them.

Even then, I can't justify buying a $10.00 cyberverse on credit when I can barely scrounge for a $2.00 loaf of bread with savings.

-Kronatron. Go economy! :cry 

7. Think122

Think122 Well-Known Member

Its an expensive hobby and as such I could never get into anything other then MP's

I cannot justify the price of new figures vs the quality of product you get in return, I do not see myself ever collecting anything else.

Having said that I am hooked right now and I just dropped some money on MP Grimlock thankfully I got him for $140 which was an awesome price.

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not so much quitting, but more like cutting back. This year I'm hoping to only get Masterpiece Soundwave if he comes to the US (can't pass him up! :lol ) and the Fall of Cybertron Wreckers (the Ruination five, plus Springer and Ultra Magnus). Maybe Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime too, but that will depend how he looks if I see him in-store. :wink: 

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    This hobby is very expensive mp soundwave is hurting my wallet at the moment

10. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    My Grimlock and Blaster Voyagers dropped along with the Autobot Data Disks.

Nice month so far. This is exactly why quitting is so hard.

11. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if some'a these dudes still feel like quitting after Toy Fair's announcements...

12. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Not me.

Picked up the Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legions. Smokescreen and Airachnid are nice. Really wish I had extra money to pick up the Commanders but at $12 a piece after Tax not really worth it yet. Will hold out for Target at $8.99

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Hind sight 20/20. Good luck quitting now that Hasbro revealed their 30th anni line.

14. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I started collecting I had one goal in mind: Complete G1 Seasons 1,2 & maybe 3 in classics style. Thank goodness for 3rd parties and customizing. Almost done now and am wondering if I'd start on another line because of boredom. Hope not. I actually can't wait to finish so I can focus on other things.

Quitting only happens if you REALLY want it to happen. Good luck with it.