Quitting is So Hard sometimes!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Nov 26, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    So I have nearly finished my Classics / G1 Collection other then Fortress Maximus , Scorponok and a few of the Masterpieces I am not missing anything else that I currently want.

Moving forward I am trying to cut back almost completely as I cannot afford this hobby anymore as I have put every dollar into my collection and am only making enough money to live off of now.

Quitting is so hard but in the end it was a fun 2 years while it lasted. I will continue to post on this board but do not plan on going after items as hard as I was since I started.

I love Transformers. I watch the Animated Movie and Seasons 1-4 almost religiously. Just seems to me nothing they have in the pipeline here in the States is aimed towards the G1 / Classics collector. And at one point they had promised 40 figures. So far we have received a bunch of FOC figures that are undersized and underwhelming.I do plan on collection Generations 2013 and Masterpieces from here on out despite the lowered quality of both lines.

Prime was a good line as well that you had to import many figures to fill out and it seems like all the Beast Hunters figures coming out are retools or remolds and not really interested in the Beasts.

The figures look neat just not my cup of tea. They do not look like something I would play with.

3rd party figures have me excited especially the Igear Gears stand in.

Anyone else having problems quitting like me?

2. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I'm new but have boughten everything I want recently as far as deluxes go but now I'm tempted in getting bigger figures like MPs and 3rd party stuff.

Maybe ill save more that way because I won't be spending much money in stores lol. But yea it's tough to stop

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I have moved beyond quitting, and have quit quitting.

I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

4. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I'm kinda out of room so it slowed me down lol

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Nope, I'm quitting like a boss!

Only problem is when I was, y'know...buying... I bought way too much and now it's taking me forever to get rid of them all!

6. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After getting my first MP with Thundercracker a few months ago, it spoiled me and I don't want anything but MPs. I'm finishing up Prime right now and don't see getting into the Beast Hunter stuff. My son now has more TFs than I ever had as a kid. I think next year will be just MPs and maybe a Cyberverse or two, or three, or four...

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    It's much easier to quit if you drop it entirely, instead of just scaling down. What's the point of spending money on something you don't like and has lesser quality than when you liked it, if you can't even afford it anymore?

For instance, just limiting yourself to MP figures, and then just to those whose toys AND characters you like, means just a 90-200 USD expense per year. That's pretty cheap and easy to gather in 12 months, in my opinion.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I'm gonna quit too. Im only gonna buy $200 Masterpieces an $500 dollar 3rd party combiners! Come on people. Your either in or out. If your gonna quit, then do so. If your not, then just buy what you want or whatever makes your clock tick. You don't have to announce your quitting the hobby cause Hasbro isn't making what you want though.

9. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pretty much exactly same boat you described i am in

on top of it all i have a bunch of stuff i dont want anymore (not worth much) that is proving a hassle to get rid of too! (then add unwanted joes, double ugh)

still need to "finish" prime line though...then watch for g1 inspired classics..

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crackformers. The more you have, the more you want.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    another 'I want to quit thread?''... eh to each his own...

12. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I counted 3 other such threads within a month, I guess Hasbro is behind collectors quitting. Maybe, i'll start a thread on how evil Hasbro is lol.

13. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro obviously is not catering to collectors anymore.

Other then TFsource , BBTS , or Myself who else has got in the FE Voyagers?

I do not see any sightings at TRU yet. Wonder what happened with those?

I have already sold over 100 of each.

14. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

I heard Legends class toys are built from the brittle bones of underperforming child laborers. It's completely true, and I didn't just make that up right now!

15. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem with quitting and then selling your collection is the regret that creeps up on you after a while.

Quitting is one thing, but to get rid of it is another

16. combaticon164

Are you sure about that lol. QC boss must run the assembley line like a interment camp commandant.

17. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Yeah I double-checked with my sources just now, and it's completely 100% true and not made up. They also said Hasbro intentionally messed up the 2nd run on First Edition Prime - just because they hate collectors. It's a sick world out there, man.

18. combaticon164

LMAO, thats it, I am quitting on moral grounds to show solidarity with the poor assembley line kids.

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Maybe quitting is not the answer, maybe just some time off. Nothing may be interesting to you at present, but future releases might interest you, and you might regret it if you get rid of stuff you have now.

20. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought about quitting once. Figures were getting harder to find in my area. It appeared that many of the recent posters spent more time complaining, peddling their wares, and bash Hasbro than helping others out. I almost made the bold decision to sell and move on. Instead, I surrounded myself with a group of positive collectors who work together. Today, collecting is better and more enjoyable than ever before.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012