Quintessons and how they could fit into the TCU

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by celticgaurdian, Jun 17, 2014.

1. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

Quintessons and how they could fit into the Movieverse

Ok, so by now we've all seen the new "Built" TV Spot. So we also all know what Lockdown says in said TV Spot.

Whether or not he says it to Prime or Galvatron is irrelevant in this thread.

What is important is what it implies

Lets say that "they" are in fact the Quintessons. How could they have built Optimus if he's a Prime, has a lineage, and was made by the Allspark?

But who made the Allspark? Quintessons? That is what Lockdown's line would have us believe.

Perhaps the Quintessons built the Allspark for whatever reason, perhaps as a power source that just so happened to have an unknown alternate function of creating life that the Quintessons didn't know about at first?

Lets also say that the Primes, the original Primes btw, where in fact built indirectly by the Quintessons through the Allspark.

Now here is where it gets a little bit difficult to predict.

In my mind, there are really two options for what happens after this

Option #1: The Quintessons create the original Primes, give them a "subconscious mission" of sorts to populate the rest of their new planet with the Allspark, then wipe their memory of the existence of their creators and leave. Then they watch their progress from their homeworld, maybe with hopes of returning when the Cybertronians are ready. The Primes develop a sort of superiority complex, like how kings and emperors used to believe that they had the "divine right" to rule over their people, and declare themselves the leaders of Cybertron

Option #2: The Primes revolt against the Quintessons like in G1. Over time, the Cybertronians forget about their origins and early history, like with our own history. Much of early human history remains unknown, so this option is also likely as Cybertronians, as far as we know, never wrote anything down. All of their history was within the Allspark, which is gone now. I mean Optimus didn't even know who the Fallen was, so its not exactly a stretch to assume that something similar regarding the Quintessons happened as well.

So that is my theory on how the Quintessons can fit into the Movieverse, without ruining continuity

But what's really important is, what to you guys think?

2. IXoptimusIX

IXoptimusIX Feels good to be back.

I think that Option #2 would be the case if it become's true. It just feels right to have the movieverse getting some homage from past universes.

3. celticgaurdian

I feel this way as well. But you have to go through ALL the options when speculating, especially on something as pivotal as this lol

4. IXoptimusIX

True... The movieverse is it's own universe, so they can ''switch things up'' a bit. *ba dum tss*

5. Lord Person

Lord Person All The Critics Love U In New York

News Credits:
    Oh, so were calling it the TCU now, huh ?

6. IXoptimusIX

It's personal preference honestly. I call it the movieverse, others call it TCU, and others call it Bayformers.

7. celticgaurdian

No, its just faster to type lol

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Bayverse :) 

9. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TMU is what I've nicknamed it.
    Transformers Movie Universe.

10. celticgaurdian

Cool. So tell me Tony, what do you think of my little theory?

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I've never liked that 'All our history was contained in the All-Spark' thing. Really? Not one of you ever thought to write anything down? You don't tell each other stories? You just go ahead and assume that the giant magic cube that you have no comprehension of how it works, or where it came from is paying attention and taking notes of everything you all do? Dumb asses.

12. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they have a quintesson trial scene

13. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Thats how early humans did it.
    They transferred knowledge from generation to generation through stories to be remembered.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Option 3: The Quintessons didn't create the Allspark but they consider its creations as their property.

Transformers in G1 had a dual origin story. On one side Vector Sigma a super computer that was before Cybertron gave life to Transformers, on the other the Quintessons created the ancestors of Autobots and Decepticons. These two origins don't contradict each other. Just that Quintessons merely built the physical shells but it was Vector Sigma that gave sentience to their robots. The Return of Optimus Prime suggest the earliest bearer of the Matrix was a Quintesson. He didn't create it as he likely found it as shown in Call of the Primitives the origin of both Unicron and the Matrix.

Within the TF movie continuity-family there is precedent of aliens possessing the Allspark before the Transformers. IDW's Revenge of the Fallen prequel had aliens attack Cybertron to regain the Allspark. They too were cybernetic. (Non-canon as far as films are concerned.)

The Quintessons may have cyberformed Cybertron like many other worlds giving the raw material needed by the Allspark to create life. They probably lost control of it as it has a will of its own as shown in ROTF with it seeking the Matrix as a container. The Fallen said the Allspark cannot be destroyed only transformed. Meaning it has happened before.

If Humans can create Transformers without the Allspark or Energon it could mean the Allspark just hijacked the Quintesson's robot creations for its own purpose like Vector Sigma did.

Remember how Vector Sigma manipulated Transformers and Nebulons so it can acquire Sol's excess plasma energy?

The Allspark may have used Cybertronians to power itself using Sun Harvesters. Giving the Primes the Matrix of Leadership as key to that technology.

15. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that quintessons created all alien species, and now transformers are interacting with humans and humans are creating their own transformers, ruining the balance of the universe...
    and the quintessons want to stop it

16. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know, that's why I said it...

17. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    TCU is a great name.

They NEED to!