Quintessa and what might have been

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mike Smith, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You, I do notice some motifs of the Decepticon logo in there, though I doubt it's intended.
    PicsArt_04-19-11.18.19.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I can see that too. But I was told both symbols were on her head somewhere.

3. cybeast

cybeast Well-Known Member

TBH, I can't see it at all, even when marked like that...

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

To make even more muddled, it only works from that angle. A more head-on look would break the outlines shape

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Well-Known Member

You will have to ask Mr. Bonaventura, as he stated in an article that both logos are in her head piece to identify her as the creator of the Transformers.

6. Autobot Burnout

lol and clearly they are not.

The man knew nothing about the franchise and waxed poetic on any kind of bullshit he could to sell the film. He even admitted the end scene was added only to try and generate enough interest to keep the golden goose franchise going.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Like I said, theyre just motifs.
    Not a direct interpretation.

8. cybeast

Still can't see it at all :x

9. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    I can't help then, it requires an eye for detail.

10. cybeast

My eyes are not good for detail like that, maybe that's why.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I couldn't find that article, but I do remember him saying how she's an ancient human that built or created transformers.
    I don't approve of that decision because humans shouldn't be older than dinosaurs.

Quintessa could also have used the creators to build transformers while she supplied the the spark that brings life.

So the two other questions I would gather here is Quintessa a human but from a distant galaxy?
    If the creators created Quintessa, then was it to use her as a weapon against Unicron.?

Things become more complicated coming up with ways to patch things unfortunately.

Questions I would ask Lorenzo is why the creators were no longer a relevant part of the plot.
    How did Optimus return to life once he smacked into what was believed to be cybertron.
    Or why was cybertron smaller in TLK

12. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Well-Known Member

About Quintessa:
    Quintessa (Tyran)

Transformers The Last Knight Credits Scene Explained

Quintessa is not a human from a different galaxy, but rather a human from Earth's ancient past who was taken as a prisoner by the creator race back to Cybertron. What he is implying is that she is a hybrid of their technology, and the human race. She created the race of Transformers for the Creators, most likely as laborers ( mirroring their role in other continuities) to build Cybertron's vast cities. My thoughts are that she learned of Unicron, and somehow destroyed the creators, and sought to destroy Unicron as well. When the space bridge failed in DOTM, it destroyed the outer layers of Cybertron ( which according to Hasbro is the size of Saturn) leaving only a central core that was shattered. By syphoning the power within Unicron that he had consumed over aeons, Quintessa could restore Cybertron, causing it to come back to life and heal itself ( the entire planet is made from Living Metal) while killing Unicron in the process. Both Megatron and Optimus were nothing more than a pawn to her. As I previously stated in my original article, she most likely sought revenge for being taken from her world and turned into something that she wanted no part of. The process most likely made her mad. As for Optimus he was not dead while drifting in space, only in stasis

13. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    That would make for an interesting story except humans weren't around in the mesozoic and the films make no attempt to show otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

“You never know, that’s part of what the discovery is gonna be. But actually, if you look at the mythology, the mythology of The Quintessa is that she very well and was probably human. So when you go back in time and go through that 6 billion years of mythology, there’s certainly a current of thought within it that says she was a human character and perhaps was actually the first one who built the Transformers. So ironically, if that’s accurate, then humans built Transformers.”

You never know, very well, probably, perhaps.

She was a valorian Dino Rider caught, imprisoned, brainwashed and cybernetically hybridized by the Rulon Alliance, to create the transformers race as slave labour and warriors in their war against the valorioans. They won, but later got destroyed by the uprising of the Primes who with quintessa in charge tricked and deceived unicron into eating them.They tasted so bad that not all the planets in the universe will remove the aftertaste of Rulons, thats how he became the planet eater.
    Humans today are the descendants of valorian bureaucrats. Not the super human part of them.

The strangest thing is that Peter Cullen voiced in both shows. Coincidence? I don't think so, i smell a major conspiracy going on here.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  15. Autobot Burnout

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain where exactly this mythology is that Lorenzo was referring to that so much as acknowledges her existence, since I'm positive it doesn't actually exist and he was making shit up to try and justify what amounted to a press piece highlighting the stinger of TLK to try and increase interest in the film.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

You'll never know if it exists, probably it exists, perhaps it exists :) 

It's like he have never seen revenge of the fallen, or forgot about Alice

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Its not a matter of "how can a robot turn into a human", it's a matter of humans, or any primate in general, not existing at the time of the dinosaurs, and there being no pre-existing mythology about an individual named "Quintessa".
    Lorenzo just makes things up as he goes and people outside the fandom won't even care or know it's b.s.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Lorenzo doesn't even know much about Quintessas story. Here's his exact words;

"You never know, that’s part of what the discovery is gonna be. But actually, if you look at the mythology, the mythology of The Quintessa is that she very well and was probably human. So when you go back in time and go through that 6 billion years of...

Personally this is where they dropped the ball. First he says she was probably human and finally that humans created transformers. That's a hard one to sell. And doesn't work. For me.

The mythology that should have taken place include a story on cybertron, the primes and Optimus/Megatron origins.

This quote here from the author of the article sums up the film perfectly in my view;

,It’s hard to tell how significant this will really be since it seems like each Transformers movie mostly stands on its own with little to no regard for the events of the previous movies. But now that we’ll see the mythology of the Transformers movies expand with more sequels and spin-offs based around this secret history brought up in The Last Knight, it’s likely not going to mean much in the grand scheme of things."

The only way I can see Quintessa as a human is if she belonged to an ancient and advanced human race, but not from earth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

And in that case we're getting into bullshit Neon Genesis Evangelion territory what with the whole idea that Angels and Humans are both native to Earth or some shit because Lilith showed up and Adam got screwed over by his own Spear.

We really do not want to go into bullshit Neon Genesis Evangelion territory.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    And that right there is why the movie didn't work for me.

• Like Like x 1