Quick question r/e FT Quakewave rereleases.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dodgy Dan, May 28, 2020.

1. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

'ello. I was browsing youtube the other night when I came a video by Paik4Life comparing various version of Fanstoys Quakewave.

Now, in it he compares three versions of the figure: The original figure, the darker T version, and a 3rd variant I hadn't seen before, with the thicker hose, dark accents on the shoulders and a colour in between the previous two. Apparently it's a reissue.

My question is does this resissue have a specific name, and is it still available anywhere? I've noticed a lot of Quakewave auctions mention it is a reissue but provide pics that clearly look like the original. Is there anything specific I should search for? For some reason, I really like the third version in that video, and suddenly i'm keen to get hold of it.

Ta!

2. paul5409

paul5409 Happy Member

This is the version you're after:
    https://www.toydojo.com/fans-toys-ft-03-purple-quake-wave-reissue/

Toy Dojo was the first retailer I checked, and they do have it in stock.

The reissues were a little confusing, but the info you need to track down the version you prefer is in Paik's review. The box will be marked FT-03, same as the original release. However, note that the reissue box is much smaller than the box of the original release. The box for the darkest purple QW (this is not the one you want) is marked FT-03T.

If you find a listing elsewhere but you're not certain it's the version you want (medium purple), post a link to the sale and we'll be able to help you.

Also, you may want to post your question in this thread, or have a mod merge it for you:
    Fans Toys FT-03 Quake Wave (Shockwave)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

The original is what turned me into to 3p and now I have enough value in my collection for a great gently used car. Thanks FansToys! The reissues drove me nuts and I decided to just stick with my original. The reissues does look nice though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Cheers boss, much appreciated. I know there's a lot of info in the vid, but I thought I'd check in and ask regardless. Sadly, if I ordered from toydojo I'd get stung on UK import tax, so it looks like ebay is the way to go.

Likes I said, much appreciated. ;)