Minor/Repaint: Quick n’ dirty Legends DOTM Megatron fix

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Braddock, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked this fella up from a toy fair for a large underwater cephalopod...sorry, a squid.

He was missing his inner claw on his right hand, so for aesthetic purposes I thought I would replace it for him, although this is a spare figure and I am sure I own all his flavours already.

I used the knife from a Warhammer accessory belt sprue (with a canteen also moulded in the middle originally), cut it down and whittled the end to a thin piece to be inserted...into a small drilled hole, (Warhammer tools again) to provide a tiny bit of strength, not that I’ll be opening bottles with him anytime soon. Then a bit of superglue and it was painting time, I started with dark mechanicus grey but that was a bit too pale, so I added a blob of brown to the mix which seems to work well.

I also used the mix to repaint the ends of his other claws where he had worn away the colour, possibly whilst adjusting his lippy.

Job done, he can stand on my desk at work for a while (DOTM is one of my favourite Megatron designs, during which he actually makes an effort to be a ‘robot in disguise’), until I get bored of the spare figure and it goes into the kick-out box.

Laters!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Nice job!