Non-TF: Quick Batman Sketchie

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Gears, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was bored so I did this quick sketch on a small piece of cardboard. Proportions could be better but I was like speed drawing it. When I did the legs I realized I ran out of room so I added more paper and that's why you see a line at the bottom. I colored it with pencils, but when I scanned it, some of the color detail was lost. Even though I scanned it at 600 dpi. Anyone know why the scanner would do this, or do I just have a crappy scanner?

[​IMG]

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Did you have the same issue with the preview scan? Usually when this sort of thing happens I run a scanner calibration or play with the brightness/contrast/saturation on the scanner window and that usually helps.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the face, very stoic

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    badass.

i think the bodys okay, but you overdid the cape - it look like youre going for a neal adams/jim aparo thing here. but that capes more superman than batman.

some suggestions:
    - a good example of protruding cape is mcfarlane from batman year 2.
    - jim davis/aparo does nice looking natural flowing cape, like your going for.
    - you basically got 2 kinds of batman cape. the protruding one like i mentioned above, but with a bulked up batman you should make the cape taper, small at the top, bigger at the bottom, to play up bats shoulders.

friggin cape talk man!

5. Crystine

Crystine Decepticons Forever

News Credits:
    Along with the dpi, there could also be a setting for type of image you want (black and white, greyscale, 16 color, 256 color, 32 bit color, etc.). You probably had it set to something less than optimal color. My scanner has that, anyway.