Questions For People At Botcon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Swoop Dogg, Jun 22, 2014.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Here is my thoughts on the dealers room. I have been a dealer since 2006. I thought the dealers room was cramp due to the space it was in. But the amount of dealers were about the same as last year. We just had a larger room in 2013. Yes it did seam like you had a lot of dealers selling the same stuff. Guy across from me had the Takara Metroplex at 200 on Friday but within the last hours on Saturday it was 180. Then on Sunday it was 150.00. So their were deals to be found. Tho some 1st time dealers were unwilling to make deals on Sunday.

2. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because of the smaller room there were some things in past Pasadena Botcons that we could not get in 2014. No real-life cars on display (would have love to have taken a picture with the Bugatti Drift) or a HOF figure display for each nominee/past winner. I remember there was a huge autobot fist statue rising out of the ground in 09 and a movie Bumblebee statue in the hallways in 2011. And of course autographs were in seperate room and the panels were in the same building, damn those Arts and Crafts conventioners! At least the Vespa scooter convention from 2011(?) didn't cramp our style :) 

3. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Vespa convention was last year in San Diego. That was actually kinda cool to see.

I overheard an IDW employee ask someone if Botcon always tries to have a convention next to a crafts fair (last year it was scrapbooking). I almost died laughing when I heard that.

4. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man I must be getting old, I didn't even go to the San Diego Botcon (planned on it but had to cancel after a death in the family) but thought the Vespa convention was in Pasadena in 2011. Another sign of old age for me - getting beat up by the rides at Magic Mountain, while my teenage nephew was ok those rides really did a number on me!

So Sunlink any shapeways upgrades planned for the Botcon set? I know Venksta of Renderform is planning on a Ferak head and pirate/knight swords but I wouldn't say no to a blunderbuss of flintlock gun for the pirates!

Just wanted to show off one last picture, the Dread Pirates (yes Cannonball has been demoted, Axor is freakishly large and Scorponok is off hanging out with Galvatron and the Season 3 Decepticons):

[​IMG]

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    I do have my 2014 Botcon freebie weapon for Cannonball (as seen here - it should be available sometime this week in my Shapeways store), and though not specifically for Alpha Trizor I had made a flintlock style gun for Thundertron awhile back.

Besides those two I am working on something for Ginrai but it's only partially done.

6. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Sunlink once I make my next Shapeways order that pistol will be part of it, goes great with Thundertron. The crucifixion weapons would seem more appropriate for a noble Knight than a dastardly pirate :)  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Ginrai.