Questions about the Subscription Service

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Stop on red but leave on amber Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    so my family signed me up the TFCC Sub Service for Christmas this year and i was wondering if we know how/when the figures will be shipped. i was also wondering what the TFCC means by this:
    [​IMG]

what do they mean by "purchase them through the store"? don't you just get the figures once you sign up?

2. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You get the figures once you sign up. The through the store thing means they will be avaliable in limited quantities individually in the club store at some point.

3. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not even close

4. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone else have the energy to do actual reply?

this just makes my head hurt, i mean over a year ago and search etc etc etc

yet over 6000 posts? wtf

i need a bridge...

5. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

My understanding from what I have read.

- 6 Figures total
    - Shipping starts in January
    - 1 Figure every 2 months (not including membership freebie)
    - Limited quantities will be available to TFCC Club Store

Uh anyone else has any OTHER info let us know.

6. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Relax guys, I got this one. I know English, and how to use Internet search engines. :p 

Okay, I'll simplify the language for you:

"All new and current members who have an active membership as of March 16th, 2013 will receive DEPTHCHARGE, the Transformers Collectors' Club exclusive membership incentive deluxe figure."

Depthcharge is the one-and-only figure you get once you sign up.

"Also on tap for later THIS year, the all-new Transformers Figure Subscription Service (TFSS). The service will consist of SIX exclusive figures you can only purchase through the Transformers Collectors' Club."

The upcoming set of six figures you've got to order and pay for.

"For more information and details, check out all our previous Club Exclusive offerings below."

This bit, admittedly, is total bullshit. Their previous offerings provide neither details nor any information about the new figure subscription service.

Thankfully, Google is your friend. Using a search string along the lines of "Transformer Collector's Club Figure Subscription Service details" will lead you to this page, where your fellow fans have helpfully and succinctly answered all of your questions. :) 

Edit: It suddenly occurs to me that (if you couldn't find this information yourself) you might not understand precisely how Web pages work. I have therefore color-coded the links in my text, so you know the words underlined in purple contain links to the relevant pages.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I honestly damn near forgot about the Sub service with all the stuff coming down the pike. I wonder when they are gonna hit me for the 2nd payment (really wish I had lump summed it).

8. butchrecon72

Actually I was trying to be sincere with my response. I know how to do web searches and find info. I provided the average info I found and could piece together. I asked if anyone had any other info in case some one has heard something new. Not sure if your post here is demeaning or not, so I am giving the benifits of the doubt.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    purchase them through their store means u can't order them anywhere else unless its secondary market. when ur family signed up for the sub service they signed and paid through the club. that is all that's meant by that.

10. butchrecon72

Seconday market will try to rape you for them too! Honestly of the 6, only Scourge, Ultra Mammoth and Slip Stream are the only ones really worth it.

11. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    thank you. the way the site worded it just confused me.

and i DID a forum search but i couldn't find anything new and wanted to be sure

12. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, their site could definitely use some work.

Yeah, the forum search function could definitely use some work, too.
    Just use Google instead (including "tfw2005" in your search criteria if you want to restrict the results to this site).

13. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

how much is the club?

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Firstly, Onslaught24, I'd double-check with your family and confirm they signed you up for the actual subscription service and not just a club membership, which are very different things. I know if I left it up to my parents they'd get it wrong. Also the deadline for signing up for the subscription service expired several months ago, while you can buy a club membership whenever.

Secondly, as far as the subscription figures go, my understanding is we'll get one each month from January to June. We should be signing up for next year's subscription service some time in the fall of 2013, and it'd be weird if we hadn't gotten all of this year's figures yet.

Membership in the club costs $42.00 for third-class mail for US residents. That gets you the free figure (2013's is Depthcharge, from the HFTD Terradive mold), plus six issues of the club magazine, plus discounts on going to Botcon, plus the opportunity to fork over more money for the subscription service.

15. xMostWanted559x

Do a lot of u guys do it? Opportunity to fork more money?

16. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    I've had a club membership every year since FunPub got the license, but I've only been to one of their Botcons once. (Proximity is my deciding factor.) I don't feel like $42.00 is too much to pay for a "free" figure and six issues of a 16-page magazine, but I know there are legions of people on here who feel differently.

17. xMostWanted559x

Is the magazine kinda like video game magazines where they talk about new stuff

18. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    Well... usually it goes like this: there's about 3-4 pages of an interview with somebody, like a voice actor or a Hasbro designer, 6 pages of an original comic story (the club does their own fiction), 2 pages of Transformers Universe-style bios, usually of characters being featured in the club comic, and... random stuff. David Willis' Recordicons comic strip, a few trivia questions, that sort of thing.

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Also remember that the club shifted to an automatic renewal system sometime next year, so if you no longer want to be a club member, you have to turn off the auto renewal, or they will hit your CC as soon as the time comes. I need to go get my log in soon and cancel the renewal for now. Too much money going out the door, not enough coming in.

20. Onslaught24

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I believe they got it right. The invoice says "Collector's Club Subscription Service V.1" under "Package" and that it was created in September. While I joined right before Sideburn was sent out