Questions about Attendee Exclusive Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by WhiteMocha, May 8, 2009.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Hi All,

This will be my first time attending Botcon, and I have a question for all you seasoned pros regarding the attendee exclusive toys (presumably Razorclaw, Banzai-tron, Leozack, etc.): how long do these toys stay available at the convention?

I ask because the Con starts on Thursday but I won't be able to make it there till sometime Friday. Are the toys usually still available at that point, or have they all sold out by then? How does the distribution work? Do I need to make it Thursday if I have any chance of purchasing the exclusives?

Thanks for indulging a newbie question, all!

2. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They don't sell out till General Attendance comes in on Saturday.

On Thursday and Friday, Primus holders are only allowed 1 of each set (they punch your lanyard). So grab them Friday, during the dealer room preview (I think it's usually like 2pm to 5pm on Friday), and you're fine. On Saturday, it's more of a free-for-all. They might restrict to 1 of each set through the line, but people can buy multiples technically.

So yeah - you're fine dude. They say they always have enough for attending Primus holders as long as they show up Friday.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Ah, fantastic, thanks xZAOx. Much appreciated! That's a relief. Sounds like I don't have to take two days off after all.

Thanks for the quick reply!

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So you can only buy one set during Thursday / Friday (not one per day?) and then Saturday is the when the flood gates open wide?

5. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me clear things up, or muddy it up.

If they make 2000 boxsets they'll make 2000 of each attendee package. Since it's a limit of 1 per PERSON on Thursday/Friday they almost never sell out. Because some people choose not to buy the add-ons and some boxsets become Iacon packages or people buy multiple boxsets they shouldn't run out. They only sell out if due to some problem they are not able to make as many attendee package.