Questions abour repurposing and what not

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just don't rename them.

2. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know full well that you tried to be snarky and antagonistic. Yes, he did say random-ass repaints - in the context of the toys in the post he replied to being random-ass repaints. He then goes on to make his point again about his preferences, how he displays his stuff on his shelves. None of that is him going after shoehorners.

3. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

What about GDO Cliffjumper where do you shoe his horns? Classics? Prime?

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You know, I think you hit the nail on the head. It doesn't annoy me that someone says "I stick DOTM Ironhide in my Classics display as Trailbreaker because he fills in as Trailbreaker." but I do get flared by people who say something like "DOTM Ironhide makes a perfect Trailbreaker" or better yet, since this one was stated on one of the threads here, "You don't need a Classics Swoop since they made Animated Swoop." THAT sort of assumption, that I need to follow someone else's archetype for collecting, THAT shit pisses me straight off.

And HOLY SHIT does a lot happen when you step away for a few hours! I'll take care of this now...

The only person I told was wrong was the person who said certain things were designed for a line that they weren't designed for, and explained why. And yes, I said random-ass repaints. So what? You're gonna focus on that? To answer your question, since I am a Transformers collector and not a Diaclone collector per se, any Diaclone stuff I get gets a faction symbol sticker and put with my G1 collection. If they reissue the second series Pretenders in the United line, I'm not sticking them on my Classics shelf, I'll put them with my G1. You know, it's like you're ignoring the meat of my post because somehow you feel offended, like in some way I've insulted you instead of the person I responded to...

Ooooooooooooooooh, that hit it on the head. Yeah, I wasn't attacking shoehorners. If I were, I'd have said something along the lines of:

"Are you fucking serious? You either need an eyeglass prescription or some art classes so you can discern the difference between two different aesthetics. That reminds me, I laughed so hard at your post that I threw up the turkey pot pie I had for lunch. After I looked at the vomit, I realized it'd make a perfect Classics Roadbuster. After all, your only criteria is color match, right?"

THAT is an attack, and more akin to what your post was to me. Hopefully this was as helpful to you as it was therapeutic for me.

5. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Since he's a TFP mold, I don't own him. Therefore, his horns aren't shoed in my collection at all.

6. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

He's on my Classics shelf (ie my only shelf left). All my efforts go into filling out a manageable Classics collection these days, so I do a lot of re-purposing. I don't see the issue with it. I spend the money on the figures, once they're out of the box I can call them whatever I want.
    Now granted I try to keep the aesthetics generally lined up. I don't use many movie or Animated toys, but some of the Prime FE and Prime RiD stuff works.

7. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

I'm considering getting GDO Cliffjumper. I don't think I've ever been so on the fence about a figure in all my years of collecting. I have Classics Cliffjumper but I never take him out of vehicle mode because when I look at his robot mode I see red Bumblebee. I'd like to get the GDO and put the Classics away but the GDO is so big with such a bulky upper body I don't think I can do it. I don't wanna swap their heads either. I should just buy it then decide if I like it.

8. Grandum

News Credits:
    have you considdered getting the upgrade kit with glue on pieces for him?

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    :lol 

Re-purposing and mixing lines really seems to get some ppl's backs up for some bizarre reason. How dare someone have a different opinion and/or taste to them!! It's fucking heresy I tell thee.

Just don't throw any third party figures in.....they aren't real Transformers and therefore cannot occupy a shelf with anything with a HasTak stamp on it.

10. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, the socket and ball don't match up. I know that the socket and ball on WFC Cliffjumper and the Classics Bumblebee mold match perfectly, as do the ball for Tomahawk and the aforementioned molds. Look at it this way, red Bumblebee can always be the red Bumblebee that was released in 84-85

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I stuck GDO Cliffjumper in with my classics shelf, to replace WfC Cliffjumper.

As for other figures, I have a DotM Powerglide on my classics shelf, though he doesn't really mesh. And DotM Shockwave with my classics Decepticons - I had thought to replace him with FoC Shockwave, but the FoC is just too small to fit in with the Classics, and DotM is good enough for me until that day we get a proper Shockwave in the voyager size class.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I know this is a little off topic, but I've seen heaps of people say this. FOC Shockwave is no smaller then Classics Starscream and the other 4 Seekers, Thunderwing, Warpath, Scourge, Tracks or Wheeljack and by extension the Decepticon Car Twins.
    I don't repurpose anything, but at least FOC Shockwave looks like G1 Shockwave and has some similar aesthetics, which DOTM Shockwave absolutely does not. Saying its too small when there is a large number of similar sized or smaller figures in the Classics line. I don't mind people choosing to repurpose DOTM Shockwave if they like him better then FOC Shockwave, but size being the only reason seems like faulty logic.

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Well, that's the reason. DotM Shockwave looks good enough for me, and that's how I use him. FoC Shockwave just looked too puny next to the United Megatron and ML Soundwave. IMO, Shockwave needs to be bigger. And since I don't feel like hunting down an Energon Shockblast, and I'm not a customizer, DotM Shockwave will do for now. I just prefer the voyager size when it comes to Shockwave.

I mean, it's my collection, after all. If I wanted to put a Muscovy duck in there, paint a yellow dot on it's head and call it Shockwave, I could do that too.

14. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

I went looking for GDO Cliffjumper and found FOC Soundwave and his Minions instead. Now my Soundwave is MUCH bigger than all the Seekers. It's OK I just won't pose them too close to each other. These are my self appointed Classics: Cyb. Metroplex, Energon Scorponok, DOTM Guzzle, Energon TRU Megatron as Galvatron, Armada Unicron, Cybertron Leader Prime as Powermaster Prime, Energon Shockwave, ROTF Bludgeon, NYCC Arcee w/ MyClone head as Arcee. I don't like Seaspray because of his bland deco, if a proper G1 deco were released I'd be all over it. I had DOTM Powerglide but sold it to a friend who really wanted it. I also re-named Universe RatBat Mindwipe.

15. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Haha, we're trolling people in the most polite and British way possible: Quietly, from our own homes, and not actually telling anybody or starting any bad noise whatsoever.

*sips tea, admires his malcoordinated toy display, watches the football hooliganism on BBC Twelfty*

16. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

The thing is, most people see Shockwave as bulky. Big. He's got a protruding chest (how often do you see that phrase?), thick legs, and an imposing position in the ranks. Considering that his G1 toy was big and large, as is most of his media appearances, it's in no way faulty logic. It's about personal perspective.

I'm with Fatal, for me, DotM Shockwave is mine for my Neo-G1. He's big. He's bulky. He looks like Shockwave, but he's also got his own personal style. In my Neo-G1, he kept on experimenting with himself to make himself more powerful, using armor from the ancient dead, old Guardians, and Centurions to improve himself. So it fits.

FoC Shockwave I repurposed into Black Shadow's buddy, Blue Bacchus. Space fighter altmode, pretty gangster style, same size. They actually fit kind of well.

17. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

My collection = My rules!!!!! If I want to consider a mold to be "Classics" for my own purposes it is my business!!!! I think some AEC, Movieverse, and Prime molds fit perfectly in my collection. It makes no difference what anyone else thinks. IT IS MY COLLECTION!!!!

18. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL Calm down.

You're right. You can have your display how you see fit, and have your opinions on certain figures you choose to put in that display.

Doesn't mean anyone has to agree with your choice.

19. Grandum

News Credits:
    if there were +1 and like buttons, then this comment would make me use them.

20. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Summing up everything I was trying to say.