Question: who was the second in command for the decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Revolver Turles, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Definitely. Even in the first episode of G1 (or was it second?), when the Decepticons went to attack the oil rig, Lazerbeak helped Megatron against Prime.

Come to think of it, yea, Lazerbeak almost never failed.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Anyone saying anything besides Starscream is a fanboy of favorits Shockwave and Soundwave. Dont get em wrong I like Sound and SHock the much as the next but second in command IS Starscream.

Starscream says this in several episodes amongst other the one with the fembots when he speaks to Rumble. " When Megatron is not around Im in charge..!! Now do it!!!.

Starscream commands Soundwave in those moments when Megatron is absent.

Starscream beats Shockwave in the episode Revenge of Bruticus and one more .

Starscream only obeys orders from Megatron and not even that all the time, you realy think he would listen to Soundwave or Shockwave.

Starscream is the second in command of the Decepticons no mather what you ppl say. He is the cruel and overconfident always second in command that wants to be a leader and stops at nothing.

Shockwave is the caretake of Cybertron only and an ideal soldier. Soundwave is on alone missions commander of the cassetts. and Soundwave would get the cassetts with him if he ever turned away from MEgatron. (mlike he ever would..love ;)  )

Conclusion: STARSCREAM is second in command.

//End of disscussion.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

In Cartoon Continuity, I would agree... Starscream is clearly the only other real candidate. But then, Cartoon Shockwave was a pale shade of himself, at best.

In every other version of G1, Shockwave trumps Starscream. It's simply a matter of.... logic. ;) 

zmog

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    The whole concept of 2nd in command is kinda ridiculous regarding the decepticons. Their structure is based on might/power and fear factor.
    While Starscream may seem as 2nd in command fact is that really no other deceptions aside from the seekers had much respect or fear of him.
    Soundwave was neither a favorite among the other and often dispised for his "a**-licking" attitude towards Megatron.
    Shockwave may be a candidate, but it's very unsure... in the cartoon he was more of a goofball than the vicious personage he was in the comics.
    Also Megatron would never have a 2nd in command, he wouldn't permit it. He uses his troops as he favours for what assignment it must be.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

That is true, and actually made clear in TFTM. But when push came to shove, Starscream won. He's sometimes mistaken as Chris Latta's cowardly counterpart, Cobra Commander but the truth of the matter is that Starsceam is very dangerous in his own right.

6. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Starscream just kinda usurped command when megatron was absent, and soundwave was just to passive to do anything about it.

that or it happened so many times before he just didn't care anymore.

7. Easterling Capt

Ebay:

yeah I know he is weaker in the comic and Shockwave is much more powerful then in the carton. My reasoneing was the cartoon not the comic.

8. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Shockwave was 2nd in command on Cybertron.

Soundwave was 2nd on Earth.

I always thought of Starscream as third in command.. maybe lower.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    eh it was Shockwave then Soundwave and then Starscream

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It was Starscream. Besides no one else would get in his way

(plus he had a cobra commander alt ego heheh)

11. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on the series:

G1 TV series, Cybertron, Movie, Animated: Starscream.
    Marvel, Dreamwave: Shockwave.
    Energon: Scorponok.

Not sure if IDW Megatron has a real second-in-command. Out of all these though, Soundwave and his minions have always been his most loyal soldier.

12. Easterling Capt

Ebay:
    Cartoon Screamer is second in command. personal thinking yes is allowed but the facts points to Screamer as second in command.

Soundwave have NEVER given Starscream an order but Screamer has commanded Soundwave more then enough.

Shockwave is only Cybertronion guardian and an IDEAL soldier. This is also said in the cartoon.

note: These pointers are based on cartoon not anything else and in cartoon wheter ppl like it or not Screamer is second in command.

13. Bruticus_42

Bruticus_42 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It is Shockwave. I go by the toy line, and the cartoon did the same. The only difference was in the cartoon, he was loyal, in the comics he was always trying to overthrow Megatron.

14. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Whenever it was the most logical thing to do. (which was quite often, but not always... and even then he was more cooperating with Megs)

At least that's what he'd say.

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I agree that Shockwave was the Second in Command overall, with Soundwave being the intelligence/ communications/ bodyguard and Starscream in command of the flight ops