Question thread: will be deleted

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by destroncombaticon, May 11, 2021.

1. destroncombaticon

destroncombaticon DestronCombaticon

Ebay:
    Can anyone tell me what’s the best way or ways I could make the blue transparent plastic windows on kingdom Ultra Magnus red? I know I could paint red on the inside of the windows but I wonder is there any paints out there that are transparent but add color? If you need to know for perspective the inner Magnus is getting turned into Nemesis Prime.
    3AC68DF5-16CA-45CD-9D70-749BB053B480.jpeg
    DDBA4DDD-2E06-4CA4-9E5A-5BAC940DCAF8.jpeg
    The Truckmode front windows

2. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    There are transparent spray paints out there but unfortunately it won't ever work on a pre-tinted plastic. Spraying red would most likely result in a purple tint. Best bet would be to start from scratch with a red plastic of the same size or clear then paint. You can get clear plexi sheets at most Home Depot or Lowes.

FYI, cutting it down to size requires some skill and patience as well as a plexi cutting tool. Using a saw or dremel will crack it. Cut proof gloves highly recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

Is the clear plastic window a detachable piece? The only possible way I see is to cast and copy the part using some red-tinted translucent resin, or to wait until an official Nemesis version of figure gets launched, which seems very probable to happen, who knows?:tongue: 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lunatic Prime

Lunatic Prime Former Prime and light piping fetishist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Either that or paint transparent red from the outside. It might result in a dark red instead of a purple. But painting it from the inside will definitely result in a purple.

• Like Like x 2
  5. VectorOracle

VectorOracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know some people were able to change the color of Siege Soundwave's eyes by using red sharpie, so maybe that'd work here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Someone else in this forum used black vinyl electrical tape on the windows of their custom. I know that Scotch and another brand make vinyl electrical tape in red (and other colors), but not sure it'd be the shade of red you're aiming for. It'd go on the outside of the windows and you'd likely have to trim it in place to custom fit with an xacto/hobby knife. It's pretty durable and wouldn't rub like paint, but it can be a bugger to get all the adhesive off if your change your mind and remove it latter.

If you go this route, just be very careful with the xacto blade; they are incredibly sharp.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lunatic Prime

Lunatic Prime Former Prime and light piping fetishist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he wants it to be transparent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. destroncombaticon

Ebay:
    Thank you all for responding! I appreciate it, My goal would be to turn the windows a dark transparent red, the windows are removable by unscrewing 2 screws. I don’t mind making some potentially damaging mods for the result I want, but if possible I’d prefer a method that could keep the windows the way they are. All ideas are good but I do lack tools to do some of the methods with cutting the piece it self. I appreciate everyone who responded. Still not sure what do tho!

• Like Like x 1
  9. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Wait! The blue transparent window plastic insert(s) comes out with screws?! Could you:

1) Unscrew and pop out the existing transparent blue windows
    2) Use the window plastic as a pattern to score/trim a G1 red tech spec decoder or an Earthrise red map decoder to the same size as the window plastic (so it's still a bit bigger than the window openings in the cab)
    3) Then reassemble: bot/cab windshield part <-- new red decoder layer <-- original window blue plastic behind it
    4) Screw the new plastic "sandwich" into place so the red decoder plastic is held between the cab/bot frame and the original blue windows

• Like Like x 2
  10. destroncombaticon

Ebay:
    I should take the piece out for a better look! That’s a good idea!!

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I have experience changing transparent color tints via painting and dying. The source and target color combo you want, however, is definitely not possible.

You'd ending getting a gross looking maroon or even 'brown' instead (if the plastic is actually blue-green and not blue).

• Like Like x 1
  12. destroncombaticon

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info I’ve never messed with dye either so it probably wouldn’t come out well any ways. I think I’m going to try and make a cut out with the decorder from ER