question re: Hercules' knee (Madblender's combiner attachment)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SCPrime, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know there was a thread on QC issues with Hercules and fixes. I did a search but could not find the thread. While cleaning my display shelf I picked up Hercules and noticed his left knee is loose. The ratchet doesn't seem to click anymore. I remember that part was pretty tight when I first got it. its been on display ever since. It seems maybe the weight of Hercules loosened it? Anyways, was this a common QC issue. Is there a fix for it? I tried to tighten the screws around that area but didn't help.

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Disassembly with eraser slivers in the joint ?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I had that problem with mine. What you need to do is disassemble the knee joint. The ratchet is on a small silver bit of plastic that is loose from the rest of the joint. I just put a tiny bit of tape in the space behind where that sat. Did it back up and the joint was nice and tight again.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    excellent. will give that a try. thanks. The more I mess around and look at the 2 the more I like Giant over Herc.