Question for those not getting WFC HasLab Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nighthawkblack, Aug 3, 2019.

?

What's keeping you from ordering WFC HasLab Unicron

Poll closed Sep 1, 2019.
  1. Saving money and will jump in late

13 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Not happy with the kibble on back or legs

8 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Think the price is too much for the end product

38 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Have no interest in the character

29 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Waiting for something that fits in better with your collection

10 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Not happy with other design choices

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. The price is not in my budget period

100 vote(s)
    47.2%
  8. Need more time to secure funds, will buy after crowdfund from etailer

12 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm not spending $600 on a toy that's barely taller than Fort Max.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    "Too goddamn big" needs to be an option.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Simple, I rather spend my money on a variety of smaller figures

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    For me, it's mainly trying to raise that kind of money in around 40-50 days. Seems to me, it would be a better option to offer payment plans or make the sign in period a lot longer than just under 2 months to give more people time to plan and budget accordingly. I know Chosen Prime is offering payment plans and BBTS is offering pre-orders with just a small deposit but that is for an additional $200. I know they need to make something from the sell as well but that really would hurt the old wallet.

You also raise a fair and valid point. I'd look at him and think of what else that money could have been used for such as future bills, repairs, or other expenses that might crop up. I actually felt that way after buying MP-36 Megatron and Encore Fort Max and they were not near as expensive as Unicron.

5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

A few of the poll options fit me. I voted the “kibble” option because that really is the main reason. There are others as well...and it’s really the combination of all of these things that have thus far kept me from ordering him.

1). Kibble should be handled better for a figure this expensive
    2). He’s huge and wouldn’t fit well in my home and display area
    3). He’s pricey...he shouldn’t be more than $450, IMO
    4). Needs more gimmicks

• Like Like x 2
  6. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

It's out of my price range.

The most I ever paid for any toy was $450 for Grand Maximus and that was before I got married. The most I've been able to spend on a toy since I got married was $250 for a G1 Star Saber. And the only reason I got away with that was because my wife had just spent over $1,000 on a comic. She spent over $1,000 for a comic and still didn't want me to spend $250 on a Transformer. I could see the frustration in her face. That look in her face that displayed that she didn't want me to spend the money but she knew she'd be a hypocrite to say no.

At $600, it might as well cost a gazillion bagillion dollars because it's not happening. I am content with my Amazon Unicron.

But I hope it gets made for everyone who wants it and has a spouse more supporting of their hobby than mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

It sounds like you still have another $750 worth of guilt trip left. That'll cover him.

I voted for the kibble, since that does bother me. But, there's other stuff that isn't on the list, like:
    * A 19 pound TF doesn't sound like much fun to play with. I'd transform it once or twice, then leave it in one mode because it's too much of a hassle.
    * Paying that much now for a toy in 2 years dosn't sound appealing; maybe 3P will come out with a better and/or cheaper offering in the meantime.
    * I don't trust Hasbro's QC on this. QC's dodgy at best on the types of TFs they've been making for decades. This'll be the first TF of this size and weight ever. If they have trouble making the much lighter TR Trypticon's legs support his weight, what are the odds they'll get this right?

I'm curious about how many people can't get Unicron for whatever reason (cost, display space, availablility by location) versus those who don't want him. The first, last, and next to last look like the can't options, and total 56.4%. But, the first and last might get him eventually, and not really count. Plus, the "fit my collection" option might include people who don't have the display space.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

How is it ok for her to buy a $1,000+ comic, but a $600+ toy is not ok? One obvious reason I can think of... Unicron's size. Another reason, that was told to me by a high school teacher during his class, of all people, is that wife logic: her money is HER money. And the guy's money is OUR money.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

You pretty much answered your own question.

We aren't hurting for money. My wife is just plain cheap. Not frugal, but cheap. She constantly stiffs servers with insultingly low tips. She once chewed me out because I threw away a toilet roll with 1 square left. You know, that last square that is usually glued to the cardboard roll in such a way that it is unusable. Now when I get to that last unusable square of tp, I just rip it off and throw it directly in the toilet rather than throwing it in the trash with the roll. I wish I was joking.

So yeah, when it comes to the budget, whatever she wants always fits into the budget and whatever I want doesn't. I don't know if that's woman logic, but it's the logic my wife operates on.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I actually sold a comic for the 600$ I needed to fund Unicron. I can't justify pulling that much from savings to buy a toy. Once I had the money I couldn't bring myself to back it though.

It looks like a glorified Titan Master to me. The more I see of it the less I want it. Another factor against him is waiting so long for it. There are just too may TFs I want that are proven entities and available right now.

11. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm quite happy with the Armada Unicron I bought for a mere fraction of the asking price of this one, thank you very much. I could've bought a swarm more for $15 apiece at Toys R Us if I really wanted and used them as basketballs.

• Like Like x 3
  12. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Same. Why pay $600 for a Siege Unicron when you can buy just buy a near-complete on ebay for $50?

13. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

I agree with those who say that for that price and that size you are going to transform it very rarely. They could have upscaled Armada Unicron for a fraction of the price. I don't see the improvement between Armada Unicron's leg kibble and the panelfest of HasLab Unicron's legs.
    Also, backpacks visible behind the head should be a big NO in any design (e.g. Power Baser).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How about... I don’t want people to think I’m crazy?

Seriously. I already own two detolfs full of TFs and no one cares, but if I were to put something that large and expensive on display, my family would probably stage an intervention.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    A 1000 dollar comic?
    A 900 euro toy?

giphy.gif

16. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Im not that invested in the character. I have Armada Unicron & Cybertron Primus facing off in my CHUG display....& I'm 100% ok with that. Also being in Ireland? this will be tricky to get....and I could get an awful lot of other stuff for the same amount of $$$.

Lastly? I don't really have anywhere for him. Fitting Omega and presumably Scorponok next will be challenge enough...LOL

17. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    While I think it looks amazing it is more than half of my self imposed annual Transformers budget (about $1k), so I think this is a pass. Unless of course 2019-2020 Transformers are extremely unappealing, which I doubt (I mean Astrotrain, 3A BB Optimus, Rung, Ratbat & Rumble. So much awesome already!) I think I am going to have to skip the big guy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Space is a concern, plus too expensive. And too big.

Armada / Amazon Unicron is enough for me

19. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too expensive. Actually it's more that it's too expensive because of things that I don't even like about it.

He's too big, I want unicorn to be a big boy but I don't need him to be the absolute biggest since he'll never bein scale anyways. He's too heavy, it just seems like it'd be a chore to actually mess with. He has a bunch of complex tiny geared parts all for gimmicks that I'll never actually use.

Just give me a new 20" tall titan class like I wanted in the first place and a fortmax level retool into primus while we're at it and I'll buy both.

20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What comic was it?