Question for anyone that owns KFC Masterpiece Hand Replacements.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by reluttr, Jun 11, 2017.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the hands a more solid/hard ABS plastic or are they more a rubbery plastic like Gundam Polycaps?

The reason I ask is because I bought a set of the Datsun hands, who was made by a different company, and to my disappointment they were made out of a polycap like plastic that easily fell apart. One of the thumbs easily ripped from the joint. :( 

Needless to say, I was contemplating ordering a set of the shockwave hands, but if they are that fragile polycap plastic I might just avoid it.

2. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    They're pretty rigid, so I guess ABS...? Not a print expert, but they are hard plastic, not rubbery at all. (At least the ones I have, Prime, Seekers, Sideswipe, Ultra Magnus, and Star Saber)

3. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

The aftermarket Datsun hands suck... Too big, bulky, don't feel great.

The KFC Sideswipe hands are much better. Nice proportions, decent plastic. Thinner pieces so it seems more fragile but I haven't had any issues.

Eness hands for MP-10 (and Despotron) are super nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Wonder why KFC has not made hands for the Datsuns yet. I have all their hands and will buy for all 5 molds.

5. reluttr

News Credits:
    Awesome, I guess ill place a order for the shockwave hands then. :D 

Does anyone happen to already have the shockwave hands and a DX9 Tyrant? I need to know if the hands will fit inside the forearms. Hopefully I can cure tyrants carpel tunnel. XD

6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I recall, they are one of the few molds where the hands aren't simply attached at the wrist and would require replacing some bit of the arms as well, and that requires creating a piece that has to match multiple colors and surface types rather than just a simple monotone hand, sort of like Wheeljack which is another figure KFC did not make hands for.

7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I think they did. But back then they just sold them under a different name since they still had a bad QC rep.
    Fan Style Hand Upgrade Kit - White Version for MP-17

8. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Both the KFC hands on my magnus and starsaber are nice and sturdy I was very happy with both sets and they've held up just fine.

9. reluttr

News Credits:
    Those are the ones I initially bought to use on Tyrant. I'm not 100% sure they were legitimate though as I bought them from a seller on amazon. If they were legitimate though, they were crap. XD

Basically the fingers were this polycap like rubbery plastic and became very loose after minor posing. The balljoint on one of the hands sheered off just from moving it and the fingers liked to come apart easily.

That's why I am hoping these KFC hands are a better plastic. Plus the shockwave hands being already purple will help when color matching them. ;) 

10. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

I have a lot of KFC and XTB figures. The KFC hands are the best in the industry. Never had an issue myself.

11. Decepti_Dave

Decepti_Dave Reformatted

I bought KFC's KP-08 Hand Set (for Ultra Magnus) for $15.99 from BBTS (along with XT007W - Blaster & Shoulder Upgrade Kit - White Version for $14.99 + $5 shipping). The hands are good with no fear of breaking them.

I was going to order other KFC hands from BBTS but they processed my POL out without a warning email (yes, I was past the 180 days but didn't know...finance problems that was so happened to be solved a day before they sent my order to the warehouse)! Anyway, no warning email, I could have placed the order the day before the due date!

So I ordered KFC KP-07 Hand Set (for MP-13 Soundwave) and KFC KP-12 Hand Set (for MP -27 Ironhide) at Toy Dojo, which saved me $1 (since KP-07 is $1 cheaper here) + $3.39 shipping - $5 bonus rewards for using their online store= $1.61. The total I saved was $2.61!

I ordered Eness Hands (for MP-10 Optimus Prime) from bababobo00712 on Ebay for $22.68 shipped and KFC KP-13 Hand Set (for MP-28 Hot Rod) from xuehui_cn4 on Ebay for $17.85 shipped (along with an few other things to fill out a $75 total just to get $15 off on the June 04 Ebay sale).
    Lastly, I ordered Fan Style PH-03 Articulating Hand MP-18, PH-02 Articulating Hand MP-17, and PH-01 Articulating Hand MP-19 for $9.99 each from Lunar Toy Store (as opposed to $18.99 each from BBTS which (x3) is about $27 more)! plus $4.11 shipping.

So how are KFC's hands? Pretty good and no breakage!
    Fan Style hands are soft in the joints and I'm almost afraid to move the thumbs. But for $9.99 each, I can't complain!
    Eness Hands for Optimus Prime are pretty good but they do pop out of the sockets when you move it beyond the range of movement (which you could pop it back in). The thumbs are loose and you have to be careful over-tightening the screws because I made a stress mark on the left hand (which I painted over with Testor's Acrylic Gloss Blue after I used a screwdriver to push the dent back). Apply a little plastic model glue to the ball joint of the thumb and let dry first before putting it back. The thumb will be tighter that way!

So, if BBTS didn't ship out my order in such haste, they would have received $129.93 more from me (plus whatever extra for shipping (pre-Saturday website re-launch with the $4 flat rate shipping). Instead, I just saved $25.64 (not including the $15 off on Ebay because I also bought a KO MP-29 Shockwave, which didn't arrive yet)!

As for the times everything came in (all ordered at the same time following BBTS processing my POL), my order from Lunar Toy Store came in first (being in New York) followed by Toy Dojo (I think from Texas), followed by bababobo00712 from Ebay (from China), followed by BBTS from Wisconsin (even though they started the order process first, it was stuck in "order prepared at warehouse" for a few days!), and finally xuehui_cn4 from Ebay (China, which came a day after BBTS)!

IMG_20170615_184321.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've wondered this

13. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree that the KFC hands are great though I hear that for MP-10 the Eness hands are better.

One point to be cautious with in regards to Shockwave hands is that the currently released set of hands is in a purple colour that matches the main body of the figure and IS NOT the same lilac colour of the official hands. @ibot confirmed recently that a revised version of the SHockwave hands are being released in the correct colour I beleive next week. Just be really careful which set you are ordering and ensure you get the colour that you are actually after?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Decepti_Dave

Decepti_Dave Reformatted

Seeing that Galvatron's hands are purple, that might work!

Image1.jpg

Tyrant (Left). Sovereign (Right)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017