Question about using TF-Direct

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by HoosierDaddy, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So yeah I ordered KBB Skywarp, and here I am 23 days later and no update past origin post update. Time to open paypal dispute. What a mess. I've from China before and never had this issue. When I contacted them, they told me to open a paypal dispute.

2. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

I've prepaid an item from them in Oct. It's in production limbo, supposed to come out in Dec. I contacted them was told that it may come out in March but no substantial proof. Since then I've frankly lost interest in the item so I just sent them an email asking them for a refund. Curious to see how this goes

3. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of people trust them, but they are responsible for one of the most frustrating, boneheaded online transactions I've ever participated in. They like to solicit items so far in advance that there isn't even a production timetable for them yet. I preordered the bootleg, voyager–class MP Optimus Prime from them, and two months after every other website received their shipment I finally put my foot down and demanded my money back. They gave me a full refund, and yet another two months later the figure showed up in the mail.

I really got the impression that they had no clue what they were doing. They had no idea when the figure would drop and kept lying to me about shipping dates, shifting the goalpost to next week every time I emailed them; and then I guess they forgot I had gotten my money back and shipped it anyways. It's great that they seem to be a resource for bootleg items, but I am more likely to pester Paul at Sir Toys to track something like that down for me. I have had zero trouble with him.

4. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    So yeah an update: I opened a dispute, saying there's been no update since 3/3, which was origin post shipment. Tf-direct goes in and says, "chinese post indicates package on its way, shipping information updated." Shipping information updated? How is shipping information updated if there's been zero updates for over three weeks?

I assume at this point they're just trying to buy time. Bought from them because of generally positive reviews, but I will never be involved with them again. I just hope I can recover my funds. They're terrible.

5. vfxraven19

vfxraven19 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Have you checked tracking using the site 17track? Usually that site will tell you more of what's going on than usps. 17track showed me the package ended up "return to sender" due to a shipping error within China. I had to show the tracking progress to PayPal for the dispute to proceed. TF-Direct gave me the same run around excuses. I got a full refund.

6. jessiedart

jessiedart Well-Known Member

My order was from February 27th. The only update I've ever received was the following ......origin post is expecting to ship out this parcel. Meaning it never even arrived at the shipping destination in China to leave the country for Pete's sake.
    I had to open up a claim very painful will never order from them again.
    What makes it even worse is they keep lying and saying don't worry it'll arrive to you any day it's on his way it's on its way and when I tell them no it's not the tracking has never even arrived at the shipping facility they tell me it's normal what a bunch of liars and frauds.

And for those who haven't gone through this painful process yet let me warn you ....because it's overseas shipping from China PayPal makes you wait almost a month before they'll give you your money back.
    I had to call PayPal 4 times...Never again

As of today...Still no tracking information since feb27th....
    Stay away at all costs

2017-02-27 18:45

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

What a joke...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. jessiedart

Oh yeah one final note. Just like the member in the above post mentioned. When you contact tf-direct they always tell you to call PayPal and open up a claim rather than just refunding you your damn money. Isn't that great. and what's even better is they lie about the reason that they're doing it. They told me in an email that they have to do it that way which of course in any business in the world is a joke since you can refund anybody for anything in any amount at any time you want.

They do that in the hopes that if they make you wait 2 months to get your order they could show PayPal that you receive the item so they don't have to give your money back because they know from the time you open the case it's almost a month until it gets resolved, so the other thing you have to understand, if you wait almost a month for your order and then open up a claim it doesn't get closed the next day , there's a pretty long wait and TF direct knows it.

That's some pretty bad scumbaggery

8. astrotrain1975

astrotrain1975 FT-44 Thomas is my precious.

TF-direct shipping is much slower than the Chinese eBay sellers that I've ordered from. I finally received my yes model thundercracker recently after a five week wait. I received my grinder in 10 days from eBay. I won't be ordering from them again.

9. Taureanstar

News Credits:
    Yeah I wanted to order from a reliable ebay seller, but they did not have the figure i wanted. So i tried tf-direct. MISTAKE!!!! Hopefully I can recover my funds and never have to with that sorry company again.

10. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Tf-direct is good in my book. They kept me informed of shipping problems out of their control. I don't think it is a big operation though and it isn't their primary one. Most of the delays people see is customs issues.

Like one vfxraven said, try 17track. Gots more info than the usps has.

Never had to deal with them for a refund though. I do get the impression though they deal with a lot of folks that scam them too. They eat paypal charge backs all the time I'm sure for people that say they didn't receive something. Makes them a little rough around the edges. They treat steady customers all right I'm guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's a bit hit and miss depending where they are sending the item. Also a lot to do with China post sometimes. Especially with the recent holiday period.

Personally I've used TF-Direct more than a dozen times and I've never had any issues. Items have arrived anywhere withing 5-14 days. Customer service will generally reply my queries within 48hrs (even on weekends). I've had them help with replacement parts from figures that were missing it from factory. I've had refunds due to price changes. They've split some of my orders which I combined for free shipping without charging extra shipping. Packaging of items has improved since they first started, things are packaged pretty solid these days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jessiedart

I've had issues with customs. This isn't that. When. I've had a package held in customs I know it because it's tracked. I've seen packages from China go from being in China to arriving at JFK New York international shipping facility and then into customs. And I've seen things get stuck there for a while but we're not talking about that. What we're talking about is from the date of order it never even shows it reached any shipping facility at all. I've seen packages and shipping get held up or lost but never at the point of origin. And never at the point of origin for a month. It always gets lost somewhere along the way but never from day one.

Also what needs to be said is the numerous emails and conversations I've had with them we're quite frankly obscene.
    No one wants to see a good dealer get shafted.. but you can't say when dealers get shafted all the time so then they get to treat good paying customers badly.

The conversations I had with them was worse than when I was talking to my kids when they were young...Very young.

Let's face it bad things can happen to good people dealers and customers alike but how you deal with that says a lot about a person and a company and I can tell you that how they deal with things when they go wrong are very bad.

He is a small example. After my month wait but still no package which by the way was two items one for $209 and one for $109.
    For my inconvenience they offered me a coupon code that's still available and active for....ready...Here it comes...3 American $1 bills.

I kid you not. I gave them hundreds of dollars upfront waited over a month received nothing ,was lied to, broken promises ,had stories conflict with each other , made me get PayPal involved instead of just doing the right thing... and in the end they offered me less money then a large hot coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
    And that's with my order Still not arriving..wow

That my friend is an insult and is obscene.
    I recently bought a Takara Jetfire for $48 on Amazon.
    it had a small problem with it and the dealer quickly sent me a 25% coupon towards something else or a 25% refund on the item with a small stress crack. That's good service and I rewarded that good service with buying another item from them that same day. TF Direct offered me 3 dollars.

That alone speaks volumes

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  13. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

I asked for a refund due to cancellation of a preorder. They gave me a refund in 2 days, no issue

14. jessiedart

That's awesome..
    Try asking for that refund when your package is 22 days late. And watch the fun begin.

15. Shattered

Shattered Well-Known Member

Sorry I have to side with those who've had bad experiences with TF-Direct since I've done repeated business with them and it's always been a bad experience for me. I order a lot of stuff online from China and since I live in NYC it usually gets to me in about 7 days. And my experiences have always been positive. That is unless it's coming from TF-Direct. My orders took just about 30 days and tracking never updated till it was out for delivery. Any assistance I asked from TF-Direct was always met with brief unhelpful answers. I've gotten damaged products and upon contact with them and sending pics etc. was told there was nothing they could do for me. Still I keep giving them a chance because it seems like others have good experiences with them. So I keep thinking my bad experiences must be the exceptions but it just keeps happening and I don't know why.

My most recent issue happened with an order I placed on March 3, 2017. On March 4, 2017 the tracking for said order updated saying Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. It then stayed that way. Time went on and I became more concerned especially considering my past bad experiences with TF-Direct. When tracking still hadn't changed by March 28, 2017 I emailed TF-Direct and asked if they could please assist me and find out what was happening with my shipping. The response was they can't control shipping issues they suggest I open a Paypal Dispute. I emailed back I'm not looking for a refund I'm really looking forward to my order is there anyway they can assist me in finding out what's happening with my shipment? Can they please contact their shipper and see if they could find out any info. for me. They then said they did and that my package is on the way and there is no more info other then that. They then stated again they think the best solution is for me to open a Paypal Dispute.

They where never rude but I did feel like I was being brushed off. The same issue I ran into in the past. They never seem to be able to assist me in anyway, which I feel is due to lack of trying. The only change this time was them repeatedly suggesting me opening a Paypal Dispute. So I did but didn't escalate it. I used it to send them another communication this time through Paypal and asked if they could please assist me in anyway. I even offered to call the shipper myself if they could provide a number I'd pay for international calling. The only answer I got was them escalating the Paypal Dispute on April 4, 2017 stating according to the escalation that they sent out the package on March 28, 2017 and that I was made aware and given updated tracking. The Tracking ID however was the same one they sent me originally which showed it had been in Origin Post is Preparing Shipment Status since March 3, 2017. Between that and the screenshots I took the Dispute was found in my favor by April 5, 2017. And my funds had been returned to me by the 6th.

Which is okay I guess but now what do I do about sourcing another seller to get the 2 Weijiang WJ-MP10A Clear Limited Editions I ordered from TF-Direct? Does anyone know of anywhere else I might be able to purchase these from?

By the way I do still check the tracking and as of today the Status is still the same. I'm mostly watching because I still hope they'll come and I can contact TF-Direct and see about working something out to pay for the Weijiangs instead of returning them. I just don't know why I only have issues with TF-Direct shipping when from the little I can tell they're supposedly using the same shipping method as other Sellers I've dealt with in China.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  16. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They seem like a more reliable seller for in-stock items (though not perfect).

Suffice to say, they've told me 8 times that they'll refund me for a preorder I wish to cancel (months after placing it, so no PayPal dispute option), but I've got nothing.

17. jessiedart

My Feb27th order still hasn't updated or arrived.
    And get this...What did arrive from them a month ago was my Kubianbao Megatron tank....It had a broken peg on the back gun barrel.
    After sending pictures they said they will look into it...Month later and a dozen emails ... They did NOTHING.
    No replacement part on order...No partial refund....Just nothing...

Couldn't pay me to send them my money again...Ever.

18. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Any company that encourages customers to open Paypal disputes for these situations is reason enough to stay away in my book.

That, and people having to wait over two months for shipping.

19. vfxraven19

vfxraven19 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I recently ordered from them again, for a KO Ratchet and the Weijiang Car Combiner Throttlebots on March 29, it arrived April 7. Not bad, but it is hit or miss. I am one that experienced ridiculous delays. All I can recommend is don't always trust what USPS reports on there tracking. Use 17track. Here's a snippet of an order that NEVER made it to me ordered back in mid December. Notice "Returned to vote" underlined in red. That usually indicates address issues and the item is returned back to sender (TF-Direct). I had to show Paypal this tracking progress to escalate my paypal dispute. So ordering mid December, them "shipping" the order and it took about 1.5 months for it to return to sender.

17track_return_to_vote.JPG

Hope this helps anyone out tracking, and escalating disputes.

20. Shattered

Shattered Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Have you had any problems like I have with delivery? Or is it just them giving you the brush off when it comes to Customer Service.

Did you order the Kubianbao before the Feb order or after? And as far as Paypal disputes I've only had to do them twice now(knock on wood) including this Dispute with TF-Direct in the 6 years I've been with Paypal. Both where handled in one day and I think it's because I called Paypal both times about it. The decision was made quickly over the phone and I got my money back the next day. I don't know if I got lucky or what but if you never gave calling a try it might be worth it to see if it hastens your dispute.

It is a weird policy to have and definitely doesn't seem very Customer friendly. Doesn't Paypal eventually penalize them beyond refunds when they get enough complaints against the Seller?

Since I'm used to buying stuff from China I personally always check 17track.net but I'm sure you've helped others who've depended exclusively on USPS tracking. Unfortunately for me even track says the same thing but I am tracking another Order. Can I ask there's a difference between the two in that the tracking of the later shipment seems to have gone a step further then the earlier one. It's hard for me to understand exactly what's being indicated. Does anyone else understand what the trackings are trying to say?
    TF Direct 17 Tracking for March 2017 Order number 2.png TF Direct 17 Tracking for March 28 2017 Order number 2.png

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017