Customs: Question about this Air Brush Setup

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, May 9, 2008.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I been wanting to get an airbrush setup. I found this full kit online for 80$ and was wondering if this will be good for doing repaints and such.. It comes with a gravity feed teflon coated 0.3 mm Needle/Nozzle , 6 foot hose and small 50/55 psi compressor..
    This is the link to it here , it shows both the brush and compressor http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/ABDkitg22e.aspx

If those of you that do air brushing think this is a good deal and good set up for a beginner, im going to buy it.. Im not looking to spend over 100$ total for a set up because i wont be using it so much , just a few customs every so often so i dont want to dump alot of money into one..

Let me know what you think of this please ..

Thanks in advance :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

That company sells that on eBay for $65 + $20 shipping. Unless they only charge $5 for shipping, it's cheaper on eBay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220233231087

But I currently use the Aztek A4709 that I'm borrowing from a friend. It has a bunch of tips and you can find used ones on eBay for $40-80 but you still need a compressor. You can get the same one in that set above on eBay for like $20-30 - that's where I got mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120258993092

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool man thanks for that heads up on there ebay auction. I asked a friend of mine that worked with airbrushes and they told me this would be good for small projects like the repaints and such , so i think im gonna grab me the one from there ebay store instead of there site..
    Once i get the hang of it maybe ill upgrade to a bigger better setup lol .

4. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

my airbrush set up includes a double action pashe airbrush...ive had it for almost 16 yrs now, i think. Works great ....and a 5 gallon air tank....=)
    i never liked the small compressors.....too noisy for me

5. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For what you are doing. That would be perfect. Get it. I do airbrush work and custom painting for a living. web.mac.com/enclinedesigns I have about $1000.00 worth of brushes and compressors. But, I need that for what I do.