1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about the X-files and Ripley's Believe it or not

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MACRAPTRON, Mar 28, 2008.

1. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm doing a research about special effects/props used in TV. I remember seeing two specific scenes from different shows, one from the 80's and the other from the 90's, but I can't remember the episode names or air date/season:

- short sequence from the X-files series where someone is holding Gillian Anderson's severed head prop in what seems to be the person's nightmare/visions;

- an episode of the 80's Ripley's Believe it or Not when they supposedly go to Frankenstein's house and watch him having a severed human foot for dinner.

I'd like to know the name of these episodes and/or airing dates. Also, if you can point me out to movies that have real good special effects/prop usage, let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated :D 

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The X-Files episode is in S8 IIRC, about a cult leader killing people by manipulating thier dreams.

3. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've found a season 8 episode guide, it's 'Via Negativa'. Thanks a lot! :) 

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    That was a good episode (just watched it on DVD - almost done with the whole series!!)...