Question about the voice actors

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jun 30, 2014.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For all the people who seen it allready what does Drift sound like.? And Lockdown and Crosshairs.?

Im in Blyth Northumberland uk And got tickets for this sunday in VUE.

Im not fussed about spoilers just really want to knows what they sound like.?

2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Drift sounds exactly like Ken Watanabe. No heavy modification. Can't really describe Lockdown but it's different from the the tv spots, more sneaky and fitting. Crosshairs is basically Leadfoot but more easy on the accent.

3. figsdad

News Credits:
    Thanks i carn't wait.. ive seen all the tv spots ect..

4. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    Drift sounds like Ken Watanabe, Crosshairs sounds awesome, Hound like John Goodman.

5. figsdad

News Credits:
    Yeah i heard hound and a clip of lockdown but people say he sounds different.

6. figsdad

News Credits:
    Ohhh does Stinger talk and Galvatron.?

7. Blurr02

Blurr02 Quickdraw Master

News Credits:
    Drift sounds just absolutely incredible, at first I was wondering what Ken Watanabe would sound like as a Transformer, but let me assure you his voice fit the character perfectly!

John DiMaggio is great as Crosshairs. Crosshairs is quite rude at times and John DiMaggio's voice complements the character in a great way. You might get a Leadfoot vibe from him at times but I think casting John DiMaggio for Crosshairs was an Excellent choice!

Lockdown.... Well what can I say? He's definitely the best villain in the Franchise so far. And even though he may not sound completely as he did in the TV-spots (his voice hasn't got as much bass in the movie, which was a tiny (remind you tiny) letdown for me, but I'm all for reality so not mixing Mark Ryan's voice too much was, to me, nevertheless a good choice) he's just awesome. I know some people would have wanted Lance Henriksen (I never really was in to Animated so I don't know how he sounded there) but Mark Ryan was just perfect.

About the other characters; SPOILERS!

Bee has a lot more character in this one, because of his dialogue (some people here on the boards have said that he speaks four lines of dialogue in his own voice, I didn't hear anything but I thought they did a much better job of communicating Bee's character through just using his radio).

Optimus has some GREAT one-liners, and Frank Welker is cool as Galvatron even if he doesn't speak that much, and he has a great one-liner as well.

And of course, you have to mention Hound.... The coolest Transformer ever. John Goodman nails it, that's all you have to know.

8. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Stinger doesn't, Galvatron does and it's exactly the same with Prime Megatron's voice.

9. figsdad

News Credits:
    Ohhh i like Prime megatron voice.?

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I liked that Mark Ryan's voice wasn't as digitized as it was in the tv spots.

11. figsdad

News Credits:
    Are people still pissed about Bee still being MUTE.?

12. evac167

evac167 Stealth Transport

News Credits:
    As mentioned above Crosshairs sounds very similar to Leadfoot but the accent isnt quite as heavy. It really fits the character perfect IMO. I'm glad Dimmagio changed it up enough to tell the difference. Drifts voice fits him to a tee. Ken Watanabe doesnt alter his voice at all that I can tell. John Goodman as Hound was perfect as well. Goodman is a pretty good voice actor really. He does alter his voice a little and it works great. Welker nails Galvatron and Mark Ryan was much better than I was expecting for Lockdown. IMO all the voice casting was spot on.

13. Blurr02

Blurr02 Quickdraw Master

News Credits:
    Some people are.... I'm not. Before all the trailers and TV-spots started landing I really, really hoped that he would speak but after seeing the movie I was ok with the way he interacted. I hope he speaks more lines in his own voice in the next movie but I thought he was really cool in AoE, he got much more character in this movie.

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    still surprised that's Joe DiMaggio maybe becauise I'm used to the Joker (Under the Red hood) and Bender

15. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

They all sound awesome. Lockdown's voice is especially cool.

16. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol go back and listen to how Lockdown said, "You think you're the center of the universe" and compare that to how he actually sounds in the movie. :lol 

17. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galvatron sounds similar to transformers prime megatron( as he is voiced by frank welker) DiMaggio sounds mostly like leadfoot with a little bit of draaken from Kim possible thrown in there. Hound is John goodman. Drift sounds like ken watanabe but with an even thicker Japanese accent. Mark ryan sounds like a younger, softer jet fire, with a hint of animated lockdown

18. OptimusJet

OptimusJet One with the Matrix

News Credits:
    and the "You think you were born? You were BUILT, and they want you BACK" from the 'built' TV Spot. Sounds totally different in the movie haha.

19. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    What if the movie voice is the one that's altered, and tv spot one is Ryan's normal voice?

[​IMG]