Question about the opening of Bumblebee.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WhatAnEpicTurtle, Jan 3, 2019.

1. WhatAnEpicTurtle

WhatAnEpicTurtle Well-Known Member

At 00:20 in this video, as Soundwave is falling, he makes a sort of static noise. I've heard this sound before but i'm not sure where, is it from G1?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Energone

Energone Active Member

I've also heard it before. It's a fairly old sound effect. I've heard it in some cartoons and media in the mid 2000's. It also sounds like a pitch-altered version of the Atari (2003) splash logo.

Probably just a coincidence. Or maybe someone on the sound team wanted to reference the Transformers 2004 video game?

• Like Like x 3
  3. WhatAnEpicTurtle

WhatAnEpicTurtle Well-Known Member

Hmm, that does sound similar. I'm just convinced I've heard it in a Transformers TV show or film. It's gonna annoy me until I've found it! :D 

4. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

I don't remember ever hearing that sound, but I think Soundwave is allowed to make a variety of signal-related sounds so long as it's not weird grunting noises at Sam's mom. It did add to an awesome entrance, though.

5. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I’m pretty sure that sound was in ROTF somewhere. Can’t remember. Maybe it wasn’t in ROTF but I think it wasn’t in one of the live action movies. I think it was Megatron that made the sound.

Anyways not entirely sure, but in the movie they used a lot of sounds from TF and ROTF.