question about the Generations Line....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zandar07, Sep 25, 2011.

1. zandar07

zandar07 Well-Known Member

So I've noticed that many of my local Targets have been stocking the Generations line next to the DOTM figures lately.

I thought this was an older line, so I found it rather odd to see them hanging next to the newest DOTM figures. Anyways, they are awesome and I've been buying the ones that I see. All of the Targets I've visited however, seem to have the same figures from wave 6 and 7 (Wheeljack, Scourge, Warpath, Thundercracker, General Kup and maybe 1 or 2 more that I'm forgetting, and I'm curious to know if they will be adding the other waves.

If they were re-relasing them as filler, why would they start off with waves 6 and 7? Or is it a regional thing where different parts of the country get different waves?

basically, what i'm trying to get it at is; will my Targets be seeing any other Generations figures? I dont really understand what's going on with them, any info is appreciated.

thanks!

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    generations is planned to continue, with a new wave consisting of a remold of thunderwing into the japanese character black shadow and a remold of wreck-gar as a junkion sometime in november, but so far that is all we know

generations never actually ended

3. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave 8 (Warpath wave) just got much better distribution than waves 6 & 7, which were still suffering from repacked Thunderwing, WfC Cliffjumper, and Skullgrin figures. Those were initially in wave 5, which for some reason got a ton shipped to Walmarts along with the preview DOTM Optimus Prime figure last spring when wave 6 was trickling out.

+-MWG-+

4. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Generations is officially not a filler line. It is intended to continue. That's from Hasbro, not from me.

Slated for release in Oct-Nov 2011 is wave 9 which includes : Warpath, Wheeljack, Junkion (Wreck-Gar re-tool) and Black Shadow ( Thunderwing re-tool).

It is highly possible there will be a Kup re-tool also in a future wave as Kup's instructions show a Dion-esque head.

Interestingly enough, DOTM seems to be vanishing from Targets now (or at the very least shrinking) which is completely fine by me. Most of the DOTM line was uninspired and poorly engineered (not to mention FUGLY). And at my local Targets, Generations has received additional pegs.

Here's hoping for a Nemesis Prime!

Oh yes, TFCC is showing much love to Generations with exclusives Runabout, Runamuck, and Shattered Glass Drift.

I don't think Generations is going anywhere for a while. :) 

5. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    yeah, I noticed that the last time i went to tru

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Generations are starting to faid away at my nearest ToysRUs.

7. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    It's going on....Hell....what other line will they put Refector in?
    (Reveal the Shield on the other end...IS closing.:( )
    I want a RID Scourge.....or....the other Rainmakers..;) 

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Reveal the Shield closed a long time ago. Luckily some of the discounters picked up left over stock so everyone has had a good shot at them.

9. JTC

JTC Decepticon

So Generations is still going to continue even after the Sky Shadow and Junkheap wave?

10. jono83

jono83 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn, I wish I could find Generations at retail seen nothing but dotm for months now

11. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

The only place I really saw it flourish was in Walmart Toy depts, but it's been receding there, too. Maybe there will be a renewed push with the DVD release Friday, like they did with Star Wars (there is Star Wars crap everywhere) but I'm not holding my breath.

12. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Strange. My local Walmart has Full shelves but of the Thunderwing wave. My local Target has NO Generations. They get stock of it but they just keep putting the DOTM deluxes out instead and the Generations stay in the backroom collecting dust except the occasional deluxe will trickle out for about 2 days. The Target 10 min from me has 3 pegs FULL of Generations and its ALL the new stuff and they CONSTANTLY restock them. Its odd.

~AAD

13. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

I wish I could find more Gen, I need a couple more Scourge and Wreck Gar.

14. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The closest Walmart to me hasn't received ANYTHING new past Ultimate Optimus... Not even a leader Ironhide... I just wish all this DOTM stuff would just go away... The same Optimus Primes, Bumblebees, Skids, & Mudflaps have been collecting dust and growing grey hair around here for quite some time now... Since I doubt we're getting a Mirage/Dino, and my patience for Soundwave & Wheeljack/Que have trickled to no longer caring if I get them, just send the DOTM crap back & bring on out more Generations & give us TFPrime stuff already!!

15. zandar07

zandar07 Well-Known Member

hmm so basically if i want the earlier waves of the generation figures, Im going to have to get them through ebay?

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    It's that way with every line. It's really rare to find early waves at retail unless it's a clearance shop or some joint like Kohl's that overprices shit.

17. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Love generation,s long live generation,s now give us deluxe trailbreaker and blitzwing.

18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Same here, when I was shopping 2 days ago, I thought to myself "Hm let's see if I can find Thundercracker or Thunderwing at retail, then I don't need to order them online" and went to the store who had the most Generations toys, last time I checked.

But this time... nothing! Only movie toys. I was really disappointed :( 

19. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    My Targets and Walmarts each have three of four pegs that are overflowing with Generations stock.

20. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

People keep saying it is, but as far as I can tell that's based on nothing but wishful thinking. Which is a shame, because that Senator Ratbat remold of Scourge looked awesome.