Question About The 2019 Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Convoy, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

I haven't read any of the IDW reboot comics yet. Is the story good? Do you like the Wreckers crew that's assembled doesn't involved Springer and other OG Wreckers members?

2. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

Nope, the story has all the narrative substance of Styrofoam. Just do yourself a favor and skip it.

3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Honestly, it kinda sucks. I don't really mind the team they assembled, but the story is nonsense.

4. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Walking, talking, rearranging furniture

It's pretty alright, it's no MTMTE or the Wreckers trilogy, but it's got some cool ideas, gave us some sneak peaks at then upcoming figures, has a shit ton of cameos, and had some decent art

• Like Like x 1
  5. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

It's just not a Wreckers story. Even the conceit is "this is the wreckers before they were the wreckers"

Had it just be called "The Velocitron Speedia 500" and had a unrelated team that you find out at the end would go on to form the Wreckers, that might have been better. As is, it doesn't even feed into the ongoing story in the mainline.

6. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart Walking, talking, rearranging furniture

I feel like it would have played into some future plotline that would have been made had IDW not lost the license to make transformers comics, it ended on a major cliffhanger with tons of potential to continue the story and connect it to the overarching plotlines.