Question about TF Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JPJappic, Jan 18, 2006.

1. JPJappic

JPJappic As you command Megatron.

Hey everyone,

I just watched the first episode of Transformers Cybertron and I just have a few questions. Now keep in mind, I still haven't seen the last ten episodes of Energon. x_x

1) Firstly, what is up with Megatron's voice? Did the actor that was voicing him before not come back?

2) What's up with some of the other characters voices? Especially Jetfire. I definately hate the fact that he sounds differently than in Energon. It's just wrong.

3) Do their memories get wiped between every show? How could humans not remember the presence of giant robots, especially since they seemed to be well known in Armada and Energon. And what about the robots? Landmine said he didn't know anything about Earth... i'm sure he's been there.

4) Though this is just a comment... I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting tired of having little kid sidekicks in the show. I gave Energon a chance (unlike some of my friends) cause I thought that it stayed pretty close to G1, but I'm a little confused that they have to use children in the show (even though it's obvious that it's to get the younger viewers to watch.)

J.P.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    1) Just for the first ep Megs was not voiced by David Kaye

2) According to the Dobson brother (they did the voice of E Starscream, E Rodimus, etc), when they were casting for Cybertron all roles were up for grabs even Prime and Megs. For cybertron they decided to throw in a bunch of accents.

3) Continuity glitch is about all I can say. The Japanese version (Galaxy Force) is a seperate series (i.e. own continuity) where as Cybertron is suppose to be a continuation of Energon.

4) Well give the kids a chance in Cybertron a chance. Of Armada, Energon and Cybertron, the kids in Cybertron are the most useful... and the least annoying.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    True that. these kids arent so bad

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

But saying that these kids aren't as bad as the other groups in this universe is like saying that a kick to the nuts is better than being shocked by a car battery. Still not great, but it could be worse.

5. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

The Transformers weren`t that well known on Earth, only a few individuals, most of them working for european and asian governments ever came in contact with them.
    And Landmine was never on Earth during Energon, the closest he ever came was to the moon.

6. JPJappic

Ah okay that makes sense. LOL Like I said, I've never seen the last 10 episodes of Energon so I'm not even sure what happens.

J.P.

7. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

actually this is a totaly different world, from Energon... the only characters, that are the same, are Megs and screamer, who come through the Space/time rip, caused by Unicron... Vector prime, is sent from the time stream to fix the rip.

this world is pretty much a Post RiD / Present Armada Earth...
    Beast Planet is supposed to be Post BW Earth.

8. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm going to clarify something.

Unicron exists in Galaxy Force.

Repeat. Unicron exists in Galaxy Force.

It's in a much less prominent sense, but it's been mentioned in Master Megatron's web-site bio, and in the Galaxy Force preview DVD. Even then, you can tell the writers had something like that in mind when they got into the Black Hole's origins and Master Megatron/Galvatron's powers. It's just more subtext than it is explicitly stated.

Either way, the dub doesn't "sledgehammer" Cybertron into Armadagon continuity. They just add Unicron in in a more prominent sense, and don't do ANYTHING ELSE to adapt to all of the other inconsistencies. It's a misconception that there's "edits all over the place" to make the series fit.

So, there's more than enough cause for people to make a decision for themselves. You, as a fan, can decide to wedge them together and make all of the adaptations to account for continuity.

Or you can just take Cybertron on its own and say "Hey, there's a new version guy called Unicron before the start of the series and Megatron used his corpse to make a new body."

9. Da_Razorsaw

News Credits:
    ... Huh?

You're assuming way too much.

Jungle Planet is just a lost colony. It has no connection to Beast Wars.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where the heck did you get that? That idea about Beast Planet being post-BW Earth contradicts what you say about Earth being post RID/Armada, which weren't even the same as each other. Did Earth split into 3 copies of itself or something?

11. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

sure... do they ever say that all the planets in cybertron are in the same galaxy?
    since they have to use Vectors time/space reality warp... they cold be going to different earths and cybertrons

12. Da_Razorsaw

News Credits:
    They say that the Planet Keys were spread throughout the universe.

That, and they call them COLONIES.

13. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

Gigalonia was the only planet that was on a different universe, and they made a big deal about what they had to do in order to get there, which wasn`t needed for the other planets since they were on the same galaxy.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The show confirms that all the worlds, bar one, are in the same universe. That's covered at around 38-41, as well as at the beginning of the last arc.
    Vector Prime's powers are also explained more fully at that time. Essentially, he can only bridge great distances, and then only with the Matrix helping as well. As he comments in episode 10, messing with time is a much trickier thing, and puts a massive strain on everything.

15. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

This thread has made me realize some things:
    1) Accents are no substitute for in-depth characterization
    2) Megatron is wearing some dude's corpse... creepy
    3) Kicker wasn't that bad, but I'd rather not have kids in it at all

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Luckily, the Cybertron cast has probably some of the most distinct characters, personality-wise, of most of the TF series to date, bar BW/BM.

17. JPJappic

I've watched a few more episodes now and I must admit that it's not that bad. I still don't like the fact that the kids play such a big role in the episodes. It seems that half to three quarters of the show will have them in it... whereas in G1 you had like 2 minutes worth of humans.. it was all robots. Anyways.. it is a little better than I had originally thought. I still think (before i even saw the show) that Vector Prime is cool. I like his vehicle mode, not to mention he has a sword ^_^.

Is it just me or does anyone miss Demolishor and Snowcat? Yodelee hee hoo? ;)