Question about SpeedPak Tracking - "Shipping Data Received" only?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mouschi, Aug 3, 2020.

1. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

I ordered from someone in China on ebay and the tracking number merely says "Shipping Data Received" in ZhengZhou, CN. This was about 13 days ago. Do I have cause to be concerned, or is this par for the course when ordering from someone in China?

The ebay user has 100% feedback (yxclow) but many of the people who have given the feedback have a feedback of 1-3 themselves.

2. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

Search this forum for feedback on the seller, there are a couple of threads. 13 days sounds unusual, but we're in unusual times. Is it a preorder figure? Have you plugged the tracking into other tracking websites? I know USPS doesn't play well with chinese tracking until its arrived in US. Message the seller and see whats going on?

3. Fuzzimus Prime

Fuzzimus Prime Light our darkest hour

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had the same thing happen at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, unless it updates which is doubtful, you'll have to wait until the estimated arrival date to file a claim. Or you could try contacting eBay and explain to them what's up and they may expedite the claim process

4. Adam Haberman

Adam Haberman Prime of Primes

Shipping from China is always wonky when it comes to updates, even without a pandemic. I've had packages never update in the shipping trackers from reputable Chinese sellers like Show Z, and then they arrive on my doorstep without warning. You can file a claim, but chances are good it's moving, but not updating. And if it's going by boat, it'll be 30-40 days. If by air, it seems to be 15 days to 20 days. Could've changed from that, but that's been my experience. I ordered something from this seller as well, yesterday, and most of the issues appear to be shipping...which is a nightmare with the present circumstances. We shall see. Somewhat out of their hands I think.

5. Fuzzimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have an order from Baba incoming, sent Speedpak. Tracking definitely should have updated by now. I would have mine by now, but it's either stuck in transit or delayed because of the civic holiday..

Attached Files:

6. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got two from Robotoybase, and Tony told me to allow 45-65 days.

Another on eBay the seller told it may take 3-4x times as long.

These were all in June and no updates so far.

7. Fuzzimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And they sent Speedpak? That's very odd because that sounds more like surface parcel. I have an order coming in from Robotkingdom surface, and was told 40-70 days. I've had 3 different orders Speedpak delivered this year and each one took around 2 weeks, give or take a day despite what's going on. Maybe it has something to do with the area being shipped from?

8. alzula

alzula Well-Known Member

My rule of thumb for ebay is to ignore feedback on newer sellers and check for the safe seller list here. When its a new seller, and 70% of their reviews are in the last 6 months.

That said, if you have made multiple attempts to reach out and have gotten zero responce from the seller, ebay wont do anything for 2-3 months. Paypal is iffy as well. But if you used a CC to pay they will refund you almost instantly and they will file a paypal/ebay claim and you wont have to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mouschi

They actually did finally write me saying it is still on the way yesterday ... still makes me nervous.

10. Adam Haberman

Adam Haberman Prime of Primes

Yeah I'm a little suspicious myself now. We'll see if it shows...if not, ebay and paypal will fix it.

11. bradam

bradam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen that before then the box shows up randomly at my door. I've seen tracking numbers all the way to house and say delievered that Inever got. To hard to say with china.

Me personally its always the long term 100% sellars that go rouge randomly and screwed me over. Granted ebay will get you your money back eventually it still sucks having it tied up for months on end. Random side note: the brand new sellars will sometimes cut you a deal if you promise good feedback. But I suppose thats a little shady..

12. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    shipping data received basically means they have submitted the shipping online, but the package has not been sent/received by the shipping company. 13 days to me is way too long to not have handed over the package, unless of course it's a pre-order or something and the product itself has not been released yet by the company to the retailer.

also there is a dedicated eBay thread that consolidates questions like yours for the TFW2005 community:

China Ebay Seller Check - New-comers READ FIRST POST!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. mouschi

there is movement - woot!

• Like Like x 1