Question about ordering from TFsource

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, Nov 21, 2012.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I figured this seemed like the best place.

I was planning on making some purchases on TFsource and it says they accept pretty much everything and what not including Debit Cards. However when I went to check out it only gave me an option for Credit Card and Paypal. I'm rather new at owning a Debit card (mine happens to be a Visa Check Debit card), is it normal not to ask for your PIN number when using your debit card on that site, or maybe any for the matter speaking?

I'd rather not use my actual credit card as I like to pay for things and be done with them, and Paypal has been giving me so many issues that I'm honestly about ready just to close my account. 2 weeks ago for no reason they decided they needed to verify my account and locked me out of doing everything till I provide proof of Photo ID, SSN, and proof of address, after sending all that it was lifted. The other day I went to add my Debit Card to my paypal and they decided the need to lock my account again and want me to verify those SAME things! <_<

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard symbol on them act just like credit cards. NEVER enter your PIN online unless you're on your own secured bank site. They're probably going to ask you for the CCV code (last 3 digits on the white strip) on the back of your card though, that's ok.

3. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Yeah I did notice the CCV number thing on the back of my card, so I was wondering if that woulda worked or not, I just didn't wanna place an order if that didn't work and risk getting in trouble or locked out of something else yet again.

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    TFsource, BigBadToyStore and pretty much all the other online retailers that this site advertises are very honest sites and good to buy from.

I myself prefer BBTS above all others. I love their customer service and the fact you can cancel preorders at any given time.. :) 

Don't worry too much your card will be safe. I too use a debit card but mine is a Mastercard

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Personally I would use Paypal with them, I would not give them (or the club) my Credit Card again.

6. faustx

faustx ShelfLife Founder

News Credits:
    Never had an issue with TFSource (other than merchandise in poor condition occasionally) but The Club is a den of crazy with all the credit card problems and site issues they've had.

7. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Well-Known Member

This is probably the best advice anyone could give in this thread. Keep your credit cards far away from both of them.

8. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    I always use Paypal when ordering from them.its the best option IMO.

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

They've always given me great customer service, but yeah - if you can, I'd use paypal or a virtual credit card number (free service through Citi cards) with TFSource whenever possible.

10. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    TF Source are great. However, I would never use a debit card to order online with anyone because you have no protection at all. Use a credit card or preferably Paypal.

11. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Whatever issues you have with PayPal are going to be minor compared with having your credit card hacked. I've never personally ordered from tfsource, but their system has been hacked more than once.

12. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've had my credit card done 4 times now and what Jazz here has said is the truth. Better to deal with Paypal than to find you have a $1400 charge on your card that you didn't make, and yes that happened to me yesterday.

No one is safe from CC hacking, my details have been taken from incredibly reputable sites and it really isn't the site owners' faults.