Question About Digimon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Pudglor Shmormuff, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I used to be into Digimon when I was younger, I collected the toys, cards, and I'll admit that the concept was cool- but I let it go and moved on. But these past few days I caught some exposure to Digimon Fusion AKA Digimon Xros Wars and WOW....I mean, the transformations have become INSANE- I can't believe I ever left it behind, it really has come a long way.

So I started questioning exactly why I let it go and I think I figured it out:

The characters were good, the transformations were cool, the animation was sufficient, but then I guess I just sorta thought: Even though all that stuff is nice, who gives a shit about the digital world?

These characters train and fight and go through Hell to reach new transformations and deeper connections with their human partners and all the bullshit inbetween (lol), but it takes place in the digital world- so who gives a shit? XD

I'm sure there've been a few episodes where they fought in the real world and the real world was in danger, but still I looked at it like: It's the digital f-ing world....kinda like the Matrix, and I may be wrong when I say this, I may be WAY off, but the way I see it is: Pokémon + The Matrix = Digimon.

So I'm back into Digimon now, especially after seeing Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode- which I thought was one of the sweetest transformations I've ever seen in anime- not bad at all.

And I'm curious to know: Even though the show is cool, did that part of it- like "OMGD WE HAVE TO SAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD!!" (Well what about the real f-ing world? Screw the digital world, who gives a shit about that? Really?)- did that aspect of it ever turn you off or make you think: Yeah i could really care less if a majority of you digital monsters die by the end of this series- because you're digital- you're just creatures made of data- and that's pretty silly. That's not to say that Pokemon is better, but at least, as far as i know- cuz i haven't watched that show in years either- their cause took place in the real world and effected the real world- so it made the story eh...how do i say..easier to support. lol

Did the digital world and digital creatures concept ever make all the transformations and "struggles" the characters went through seem a little silly?

2. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same reason I can care about places like Cybertron or Gallifrey. If I find the characters likeable, I'll find their cause sympathetic.

3. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Because the digital world was the home of all Digimon? Just because they were digital didn't mean they weren't sentient living creatures. Also, remember those times when threats from the digital world spilled over into the real world?

4. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Heh heh, yeah i suppose that's true- but still, i found myself watching a lot of intense episodes where one of the human characters said something like, "WE CAN'T LOSE!!!" and i'm like: Actually you could....you could lose this battle and the real world would most-likely be alright- you could shut this whole battle down, return to the real world, and your life would return to normal. You'd be fine. XD

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can't rewatch Digimon Adventure, I tried to watch the Saban dub but the dialogue is atrocious and the subs....the digimon voices all being voiced by women even in their later forms just sounds wrong to me.

6. algo448

algo448 Amateur Procrastinator

News Credits:
    Not really, just beacuse it's a digital world doesn't make it any less improtant, it is after all full of living beings with feelings and desires.
    It just happens to be a different world from the human one, but the stakes are there.