Question about Cybertron toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cappeca, Mar 20, 2006.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

My only Cybertron/Galaxy Force toys so far are Hardtop and Clocker, and I think they're great. I'm still pondering if I should by any other toys, but my main concern is poseability. As far as I could see Hardtop is unbelievably poseable (right now he's in a Spider-Man-ish pose right on top of my monitor), and Clocker is not that much far behind if you open the panels on the back of his legs.

I have come up with a small want list for Cybertron, but I'd like to know from those who already have them what is their poseability like, compared to Hardtop, for example. I've seen reviews for those toys, but they have no comparision of poseability between them.

Optimus Prime
    Galvatron
    Starscream (TRU or GF, not Supreme)
    Override
    Brakedown
    Crosswise
    Downshift
    Chromia
    Soundwave

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Chromia/Thunderblast is probably the closest to Hardtop in terms of poseability. The other guys are decent but the rest lack waist articulation. Galvatron has waist movement but is hampered a bit.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Optimus has great poseability, but is a little chunky so might be a bit hard to pose sometimes.
    Galvy again, very poseable but sometimes the panels get in the way.
    Starscream's arms are very limited, his legs not so much so, but they could be more poseable. No waist either.
    Override is very awkward, the autotransform hurts her. Decent poseability, but not the greatest. Very weak arms and shoulders.
    Brakedown is cute, for lack of a better word. He's got good poseability, very short forearms and no real waist, though.
    Crosswise is godlike, one of my favourite toys in the line. He suffers a little from all those panels getting in the way of his limbs, but he is a lot like an Alternator at deluxe scale to my mind. A great toy.
    Downshift I don't have so can't say, but he looks to be up there with the like of Crosswise. Another nice one.
    Chromia is pretty poseable, but she has the boat half permanently attached to her. That limits her a bit. It's a pity she can't remove it or else she'd be perfect.
    Soundwave is like many of the others - good poseability, but panels catch on each other. He has parts hanging from his arms that get in the way a whole lot. His legs aren't the best either, they seem very clunky to me. He's a good toy, different, and has a challenging transformation that has one very frustrating step, but based on poseability he is not that hot.

4. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Armorhide!! He can take a knee and blast the crap out of 'Cons!

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, armorhide would be my vote...i love that little bastard....cant wait for a decent repaint of him...im hoping theyll make him motormaster or something cool....

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    In terms of poseability, Armorhide, Wreckloose, Landmine, Downshift, Brimstone, and Crosswise top my list...Hot Shot isn't bad either.

Optimus Prime and Galvatron are pretty poseable but are too big and heavy to be able to hold any 'Spider'Man poses'...Override is as far from poseable as you can get. I also really like the CD team (upgraded versions of Hot Shot, Scattorshot and Red Alert)

Most of the Cyb. line has pretty decent poseability, nothing like RiD Car brothers though.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've actually thought of doing that as a custom, and giving him a trailer off of one of those cheap little wal-mart trucks. It'd give my RM Prime someone to fight.

8. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Thanks, guys! :thumbs2: 

9. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Most of the Cybertron line is pretty good in the terms of articulation. You can pull of some dramatic poses with many of the figures. However, if you only want posibility, avoid Dark Crumplezone and Leo Breaker. While I like the figures, thers not a whole lot you can do with them.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Poseability is one of the things Cybertron/GF does best. It's like they took the notes from Energon and went to higheer ground.

Only ones I don't care for their poseability is Jetfire & Starscream, but their molds are so well made it almost makes up for it.

Downshift , Hardtop and Armorhide are my fav Cybertron figs for posebility.
    Prime, Metroplex, Primus & Megs have terrific poseability for such large toys.

Most of them have rotating elbows and knees so your in good shape with this line.
    Can't really go wrong, well except for depressing the ol wallet. It will turn out like Stephen Kings 'Thinner'