Question about Black Mamba KO Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by POSSESSED_DIGIT, Jul 31, 2020.

1. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Don’t really post on this forum, so I have next to zero knowledge about this stuff. I’m looking into getting a set of the oversized PotP dinobots. My kid suddenly likes TFs again, and really likes my Grimlock. I just found out that a KO set of oversized dinobots exist. Black mamba seems to make them, but I don’t know if they make regular sized as well as oversized dinos. Their ebay listings don’t offer much detail. And the prices confuse me-anywhere from $10 to $70? Any info I can glean would be helpful.

2. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My understanding is that Black Mamba (BmB) only do oversized ones. The price difference likely comes down to either how many of them you're buying at once or which one in particular, given Slash is still smaller and Grimlock is still bigger (thus the least and most expensive respectively). There's also the two different colour schemes available, with one being based on Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (but with a yellow pterodactyl instead of a pink one) and the other matching the original Dinos, which doubtless have different prices.

However, BPF do a set of straight KOs. This of course is going to complicate matters if the listings don't show the box, since "Black Mamba" (along with "Wei Jiang", though they don't do the PotP dinos) is one of those search keywords that gets used to bring more people to a listing without actually meaning the product has anything to do with them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info! This is exactly what is tripping me up currently. Multiple listings with possibly shady and/or poorly translated listings. I’m currently looking at a site that sells them but I may keep searching ebay if I can navigate who’s legit or not