Question about a couple potential deals

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by joshnpowell, Sep 9, 2015.

1. joshnpowell

joshnpowell Seller of Toys

I have a question that I wanted to get a couple opinions on. What is the current value for an Encore Fort Max that is MIB? The stickers have been applied and that's it. The figure is in excellent condition, just like new. I am also interested in finding out the values for a few other transformers: a complete MIB (or boxes) Hercules (not devastator figure, a G1 swoop figure that is MIB minus the bubble and a G1 Trypticon that has everything except the little silver pieces like guns, radar dishes, etc. These figures were offered to a friend of mine and he asked me if it was a good deal and I told him I'd ask around. Thanks for the help! JP

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    What was the price your friend was offered?

A sealed fort max can be had from BBTS for $270 + shipping (keep that in mind).

Complete Hercules are going around the $250 to $275 range. Perhaps a little more if the rage kit and or reprolabels are included.

The Trypticon sounds like it's missing a lot of accessories, not sure what to say on that one.

3. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would know off the top of their head. If you want the market value, look at the market. Look at current and past auctions on eBay. Remember the seller on eBay has to pay fees. If you buy outside of eBay, at least try to negotiate 15% lower than what the eBay price was.

My personal rule, don't pay more than retail for a used toy. That means a lot of g1 stuff is out of my reach. I have no problem paying for new expensive toys, it's just that a mib toy means the guy had fun, that has to be of some value.

4. joshnpowell

joshnpowell Seller of Toys

He was offered them for: $200.00 for the fort max, $200.00 for Hercules, $75.00 for swoop and $50.00 for tripticon.

5. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like a killer deal to me

6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those sound pretty good. I was going to say wait for the Trypticon re-release that's coming soon, but it'll probly be triple the price he can get. Then spend a few bucks to buy the missing pieces.

7. rbarron64

rbarron64 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, for trypticon he will probably end up spending about the same if he pieces it together one at a time. Just the gun for full tilt goes for like 40 bucks. If hes happy keeping it in dino mode where you dont miss the accessories then hell be happy