quality issue for mp-06 and mp-07 what the HELL!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oric, May 30, 2009.

1. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Okay so I bought an MP-06 a month or so before MP-07. When folding the wings for bot mode either the pins were too tight or the plastic is too big or something because a stress mark that quickly developed into a crack occured.

I am the type of person that will blame myself before a product. I had been careful on the folding, not going quickly but trying to work it into a bend and it still happened.

I wouldnt have thought it was the design fault of the release but when I got thundercracker I only changed him once. Today however, I changed him for the second time and both wings developed these cracks in the plastic so the wings hang loosely and its a bitch to convert to jet without causing more damage.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING TO OR IS THE MASTERPIECE LINE SWIFTLY TURNING INTO UTTER SHIT WITH THEIR OVERPRICED, BREAKABLE MERCHANDISE!!!!!!!

2. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, it's a common issue. I consider myself a master at transforming. I don't manhandle the toys and I make sure I know which way pieces are going to move before moving it.

But lo and behold, the same thing happened to mine. Masterpiece Starscream now sits in the junk box. Really sad, because otherwise is a fantastic figure.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I've got both and have had no problems. My only gripe is the flipped vent intakes on TC.

Can you show a pic of the stress marks so we can get an idea of what you are talking about exactly?

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    d

I have not had a MP but they do look nice. The prices are a bit high.

Why don't you send that back and get the classics mold of Starscream, there is some kind of foot problem with him as well but mine has not had the issue.

At least it won't self destruct.

And you have 2 color schemes to choose from.

5. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Yeah,I am thinking of doing surgery on these figures though I am not sure how I can do it yet. Probably cut out the bracket altogether, fit some fiberglass in there though im not sure it will adhere to plastic... paint it up and just make the wings detatchable.

I am just completely aggravated that figures as costly as these don't go through a more rigorous quality control check. We all know the guys putting our toys together are being paid like shit so I am a little pissed off Takara can cash out 100 dollars a pop on fundamentally basic issues with these toys. Itd be different if stress marks and breakages were occuring on all of the toys after ten to fifteen transformations, that would be an oversight, but the problems are occuring on the first and second changes. In order to display my 'masterpieces' I have to go down to the store and get those really high tech things... oh what are they called... oh yeah... rubber bands to keep my figures from developing leprosy.

--unfortunately I dont have a webcamera...but if you are looking at the masterpiece from the top of the jet in alt mode, where the intakes meet the wing: the point where the wing flips, stress marks develop there commonly.

This problem does not seem to effect USA released Starscreams, since I have had two of them, nor the original Green Scream.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had that same problem with greenscream, the problem is that the piece of the hinge that rests on the diecast slide part is squared off, and it should be rounded so that it doesn't crack when being transformed. I just took a metal nail file and filed in down untill it moved smoothly through the tranformation. If you can convince the store you bought the figures from to replace the parts, try that. I don't transform skwarp that offten, so I'm not sure if it holds up to constant tfing, but it does help enough where if you only change him ever once in a while, you'll be fine.

7. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Thank you, I believe you are right on those hinges. But the re-released or redecoed seekers joints are far tighter than the originals. If I could have managed to get the pin out of there before transformation that issue wouldn't have happened. Right now I am trying to find a way to modify these because it was too long after I bought them that I used them to return them.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... Could buy n switch then return... I don't normaly recomend it, because its kind of shitty, but concidering its a manufacture defect, I think that could be the best solution for you... Unfortunately.. Yea, I know, hypocritical, but it isn't your fault, so.

9. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

I bought from BBTS and I think they only have a return policy. Most places do now probably to discourage that. I think when it comes down to it I don't really want to do the infinity returns thing... I doubt it is going to matter by the sounds of it,...

10. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My MP-03 has the same issue but so far I've not had the problem on Skywarp, TC (touch wood) or Hasbro Starscream.

A shame really - if they had made the figures bigger then the smaller plastic parts would have been thicker and this may have happened less.

11. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Maybe if I get brave again I will go and get another skywarp. He has always been my favorite. Thundercracker doesn't seem to be as hurting.