QC issues with Asia Exclusive MP10

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sbdunkt19, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Sbdunkt19

Sbdunkt19 Well-Known Member

So during my first transformation of my newly arrived Asia Exclusive MP10, my excitement slowly turned into disappointment when i realized that the right forearm would not slide all the way in and sit flush into the the shoulder like the left one. To my dismay, I opened up both shoulders and discovered that the same exact forearm piece was used during assembly, 2 left shoulder pieces, instead of mirror image pieces. I know I can fix it myself but what are the odds of TFSource replacing it due to factory defect? anyone else having this issue? Shoul I just bite the bullet and DIY it?

2. Sbdunkt19

And yes, I know I need to post some pics... Working on that right now...

3. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I'd send it back, especially if it was purchased through a reputable NA dealer. The shipping should be comped as well. That's a manufacturing error through and through, and customer service should fully extend a hassle-free replacement. Contact them and I'm sure they'll help you out. I would not try to fix that, not for the price you paid.

I've had some issues with mine and am considering a replacement, but only after thinking a few more days about it. Nothing that drastic has happened, just some misaligned pieces and a really annoying slightly misshapen left antennae.

4. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just checked on my Mp10 reissue, everything fine, the only qc issue is his articulated index finger, likes to pop off sometimes, mostly like Mp Soundwave one. The rest is fine.

And if where you i would not do it myself, even if i am capable of it, i mean its a new item, its a factory mistake, and from my point of view, manipulating figures decrease their value.

Just contact Tfsource and ask for a replacement.

5. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

I have a scratch on the front left side of the trailer that I am not crazy about. It's not really that noticeable from afar but up close it is very apparent, so I tend to display only the right side. The paint job of Spike's head is also sloppy. Like all of us I want these things to be perfect but didn't think my issues were enough to warrant a return. I would return any MPs that were missassembled or had the wrong parts.

6. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    My only issues with this piece are that the chest won't close all the way and that the Autobot symbols on the trailer have noticeably bad paint jobs...

7. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

There's some other threads dealing with this issue; I had noticed the same thing. I flipped around the Matrix so the larger crystal points inwards (opposite to the way he is displayed in package), and then it worked much better. Still not perfect, though. Try closing it up without the Matrix to see a 'best case' scenario. If it's still not clearing, I'd look for a replacement. That's way too annoying for me.

8. Sbdunkt19

Yeah I think I'm going to get in touch with Janet tomorrow and see if they can work something out. It's really irking me and the modifications would be pretty invasive. Thanks for the advice all!

9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Also try pressing on the faux grill when in bot mode. Sometimes that works to compress the chest cavity an eliminating the chest gap.

10. g0tht3ch

g0tht3ch Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very late to this party/thread, having just got an MP10 - my trailer has a nasty scuff/scratch too.

However, for the chest not closing tight, I found the upper (larger) of the two screens inside each piece (which hold in the plastic window) was the cause - the screw hold was proud of the door - tightening it a little further removed the issue :)