Q: Would you want to see Decepticon Seeker Drones in TF Classics 2.0/Universe?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Quickswitch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I think we can be assured that Hasbro will repaint the Starscream mold into oblivion . I believe at Botcon, they said they were going to repaint Starscream to point of the Car Brother mold, until its utter useless so we can expect alot of starscream and ramjet repaints. I cant wait.

2. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

Hopefully once they've recouped the costs of the original seeker mold and the conehead remold with repaints, they'll invest some money in producing a new seeker mold that transforms into a different jet.

They could start with an F-35 as a modern basis for Thrust then make a Dirge off of that and then a Thundercracker by swapping out the fanblade and the head (making it the non-VTOL version). It wouldn't be totally identical to the G1 versions like the Botcon versions were but, then again, most of the Classics so far have focused on getting the gist of the character right rather than going for a perfect remake.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

There were like kajillions of generic Seekers. What puzzled me was that Starscream, 2nd in command, had such a common "mold", I would suspect the 2nd in command to have a unique form

4. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

Maybe it explains his wanting to be leader. And the cape. And the crown. And the shoulder pads.

He wants to stand apart from the pack. :p 

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

What also stood out about Starscream was that he was red, white, and blue, and him being the leader was a symbol of America being a leader? Pretty... boastful, but it is an American cartoon

6. Indiancowboy

Indiancowboy Well-Known Member

Personally I'd be happy with a Thrust that was a bit more accessible. I understand why they won't do one, but I haven't done any kitbashing or customs since I collected zoids a few years back, and I'm not especially keen to start now. Although due to neuroticism, I likely will.

7. LEO PRIME

LEO PRIME Member

Of course Sunstorm and the other Rainmakers would be nice. I just rember another one since is in the Masterpiece line why not a Classics King Starscream

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Actually, I never understood why he was made a VTOL jet in the first place, since there was no mention of those abilities in the bio. His name came from his ability to boost his speed temporarily up to Mach 5.

Because of that, I've actually been tempted to not mod a Screamer with VTOL wings as I originally intended, and actually just mod another Ramjet, using his wing thrusters to act as booster jets.

I'm still not decided exactly what I'm gonna do...

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes!!!!

The Decepticons are always out numbered. T_T

10. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'd love to see the remaining rainmaker seekers myself for the sake of fun Decepticon troop building. But I know Hasbro is going to be seriously looking at how well they think a seeker is going to sell in the multitude of colors us fans are referring to.

11. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I'm not generally a fan of the G1 seekers, but to answer the question; yes. There are going to be repaints anyway, and as long the releases are spread out, I see no harm in it.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    YES. One new background seeker repaint with every deluxe wave plz.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    This.