Q. About Gundam Seed Animes

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Numlock, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

Hey, Gundam Seed Anime question...

Recently got a MG Freedom Gundam (he's cool) and I'm interested in maybe seeing the series this guy comes from since I have read it is good... Gundam Seed is 50 episodes according to wikipedia which is quite a lot of watching...

So the Question is, do I need to watch the series that follows (Gundam Seed Destiny, also 50 episodes and Gundam Seed Stargazer with is 3) to have a complete story with a sense of satisfaction?

That could be 103 episodes... which is quite the commitment...

So if I only watch the 50, how is it going to be? Worth it... or not if I don't see 'em all?

Thanks!

2. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    i loved gundam seed its worth watching but destiny is more or less teh same thing...even the main character in destiny looks like the main character in seed. if you like seed then watch destiny just to see the mechs.

3. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I'm very lukewarm on Seed. I own it on DVD, but I'm still not sure whether I really like it or not (bought it a long time ago when I was more enamored with it). Then again, I'm a whore for UC stuff, G Gundam, Turn A, and X so, my opnion may be skewed a bit.

Seed Destiny, on the other hand, is a bit of a conundrum. It has some really cool parts, and I really liked the first half. Then it all fell apart. I'd recommend you at least watch it once, but go into it expecting it to all fall apart at the end.

Finally, Stargazer is definitely worth checking out just because it's so short that you really don't have much to lose. The story is a bit compressed as you would expect, and the ending isn't very satisfying, but it has enough good points to make a watch worthwhile.

4. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

SEED is worth watching imo. Its an update on the original series and mixes in bits from other UC series as well. Stargazer was cool too. Destiny however can only be described as a clusterfuck. It started out good, but within 20 episodes it falls apart and never rights itself. Then there was the Star Wars rip off in the end. <_<'

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just procure the movies for Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. If you end up enjoying the content in them, watch the whole series to flesh out the plot more. Bandai always does a pretty solid job with the movies for their shows. I can't comment on Stargazer since I've never watched it. I want to say there are a few additional OVAs attached to the CE Universe.

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You don't need to watch stargazer(it's only 3 episodes anyway, not a big deal in terms of time), since it doesn't have much to do with the storyline of seed or seed destiny.

Gundam seed is definitely worth a watch, seed destiny... bleh.

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Own SEED on DVD (except for vol. 6, which I'm awaiting a replacement since the disc got cracked). Personally, SEED is watchable. As for SEED Destiny, I've only seen a few episodes of it, so I really can't comment on it (despite the bad press the series has been getting).

So yeah, SEED is worth watching.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I think you could watch Seed without Destiny and still have a sense of completion. Seed is far superior to Destiny.

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh definitely. SEED had an ending, it wasn't some cliffhanger. Destiny is just kind of tacked on, which is probably why it wasn't that great.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

And since you just got the MG Freedom, the Freedom is the star of Seed. Not so much in Destiny.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Seed is pretty good. The ending was altered slightly on the Movies to make it more sequel friendly, and a couple of other scenes expanding on some plot points were added. But it's not that bad a series.

Destiny I could never get into, it started out good, but it lost focus part way through, started retreading bits of Seed only with a "bolder and better style" (Shin and Stella's island scene springs right to mind) and by the end of it went over to being Kira's story more or less. Freedom's pretty central in both series, though Kira's not the main hero in Destiny he might as well be for the focus he gets.

Stargazer was fun. It blazed through too fast for my liking, could have done with being a slightly longer thing, but it was fun and interesting.

12. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I wholeheartedly agree, but it's funny that there are entire strings of episodes in Destiny that I liked better than anything in Seed. However, as a whole package,
    Destiny is just bleh.

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Seed> Destiny, but watch Destiny if you like Seed I guess. Also these shows are beyond dramas, they are soap operas. Stargazer isn't a continuation, it's a side story, just skip it, it was another way to sell mech models basically. I have the MG Freedom as well and the HG Justice. After seeing Seed you are going to want to get the Justice too. :p 

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

If you watch Destiny, you might want to get the MG Destiny or Strike Freedom

15. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The 1/100 Justice/Infinite Justice is also a very nice model :D . I have the clear version of Infinite Justice but I'm sure its basically the same as the normal version :D .

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On that note, if you watch Stargazer, you might want to get the MG Strike Noir.

It's really one of my favourite kits. The diverse weapons loadout and variable backpack make for very fun posing options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.