Puss in Boots 2 in works!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Nov 14, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Guillermo del Toro Talks PUSS IN BOOTS 2, KUNG FU PANDA 3, and TROLLHUNTERS | Collider

looking foward for more Puss! :) 

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Hooray for ANOTHER useless sequal!

Honestly, is this nesseary?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I liked the first Puss in Boots movie. Maybe it was because I like cats, speak Spanish, and enjoy spaghetti westerns, but I thought it was pretty fun. I would like to see another one. I like to watch the first one with my little sister.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    No but its welcome? I really like the "Puss In Boots" movie, it doesnt try to fit in the Shrekverse and I like it. Plus its always cool to hear Banderas' voice coming out from such cute kitten. XD

• Like Like x 1
  5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

No movie is necessary, sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.

• Like Like x 3
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

I completely forgot this was still happening. The movie was neat and the TV series was okay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    wow i was such a tool 9 years ago lmao

• Like Like x 2
  10. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Live & Learn, or you may never find your way.

I think Puss in Boots was better as a oneoff movie, but I am a little excited to see where this one goes next.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    The first trailer is now out for Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, in cinemas 23 September 2022.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think a couple of those lives were also used in The Cell Games (NSWF)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It’s been 11 years since Puss strutted to Pitbull’s “I Know You Want Me” in his first movie’s trailer. The animation looks really different, and I don’t know that it’s a good different. It looks like a Netflix/Disney+ show.

Also, Banderas’s voice has certainly aged the last eleven years. He sounds real gravely now and a bit slower.

Interesting to see it called “a new story from the Fairy Tales of Shrek”, makes me figure they’re going to bring the franchise back in force after all.

• Like Like x 2
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    This looks ok, maybe a bit rushed.

Hayek sounds fine as Kitty, but Banderas maybe needed more time to make Puss sound more suave.

Not sure about Goldilocks. But there may be more to that story.

15. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA please

News Credits:
    Crazy to believe I was like 11 or so when the first one came out. I will say the animation looks really good it's got that ITSV look and feels to it at times which is great. I'll probably check it out at some point.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    There's just something off about the Animation from the original Puss in Boots or Shrek in general.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    This looks like some sort of deliberate stylized choice. Like we’re no longer aiming for as photorealistic and smooth as possible as CG animation has been going for so long, like they’ve deliberately removed some frames from the animation or something to make it more punchy. It’s kinda odd considering how photorealistic the Shrek films generally looked. Well, maybe not photorealistic, but they looked more “real” than this.

And that’s fine, something like Arcane is proof that you don’t have to aim for photorealistic animation to still look great. But it’s still odd coming off the Shrek films.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am a resounding MEH about this. The Puss in Boots movie was really forgettable.
    Now if this was related to the amazingly well written and funny The Adventures of Puss in Boots and continued that show with the adventures of Puss and Dulcinea, and had Eric Bauza as Puss' voice, then sign me up because that'd be awesome!... But seeing how the Penguins of Madagascar movie totally ignored the superior TV series too, little chances of that happening. They just got Banderas and that totally forgettable female cat from the first movie back.

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's sort of a storybook quality to the art-style, which I think looks pretty great.

I think we're moving away from photo-real CGI movies now. Looking back on it, it seemed more a crutch of the era. Back before the tech could squash-and-stretch like traditional animation, they relied on that photo-real quality to give the animation that "pop", to justify its usage over the hand-drawn medium.

But now the CG tech is advanced enough to let artists be artists again, and apply some of that traditional know-how in really high-fidelity ways that would've been impossible for either medium 10-20 years ago.

• Like Like x 4
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Puss in Boots Goes West - Variety

“At the forefront of our minds was not just reintroducing Puss to the world, but introducing the world to where the character is now,” director Joel Crawford tells Variety. “For us, it was really just about introducing this larger than life legend, this fairy-tale character, in a different way than before.”

“There are darker tones in this,” Crawford explains. “Puss is down to the last of his nine lives. He’s grappling with his mortality, his fear of death is the engine that drives the movie, and the Grimm fairy tales were a big inspiration [on that front].”

“Being 20 years into this series gives us license to evolve and change a little bit,” says Swift.

“[When ‘Shrek’ came out in 2001] CG animation was really in its infancy at a feature level,” Swift continues. “There was a limitation in the tools, and there was also a tendency to go more realistic, to go away from the 2D movies at the time. Now the tools are better. We don’t chase that realism as much, and it gives us the chance for more artistic fun. Because this film is not so realistic, we can broach some of those tougher subjects without it feeling as much in your face.”

The filmmakers made comparisons to “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” explaining that Sergio Leone’s visual and narrative sense were key inspirations for “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” – a film that is, at the end of the day, also the story of outlaws circling one another in search for the same pot of gold.

“They’re going after this ultimate fairy tale prize, because there’s one wish that can be granted when you reach that wishing star,” says Swift. “There’s a great momentum because everybody feels like they have to have this wish, which really just leads to a great kind of action adventure.”