Punch / Counterpunch

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Simian, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Okay...I know I could have put this in new purchases but I didn't...I just received my Punch / Counterpunch and while I love the car mode...Ugggghhhhh...the toy lacks the quality that I paid for...One leg has no friction what.so.ever on the Left to Right rotation and the hood mechanism that reveals the head by twisting it is off a gear or 2...It will not go straight up and down after the head is revealed it stops at approximately 10-15 degrees from straight up and down, meaning the chest is way crooked for Counterpunch. I shouldn't have to ask this after paying for a 70 dollar toy..any ideas on how to fix this....????

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    take the chest apart and move the gears, and put a drop of superglue in the loose parts and move them until they dry iff they aren't a ball joint, if they are, take the leg apart at that area and put a light layer of superglue on the ball

3. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    There was quite a bit of chatter about this in the P/CP N&R and Feedback threads. I think the general consensus was to either carefully twist the roof until the teeth catch on the correct grooves or to unscrew that part of the torso and move the head/neck assembly into place.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, you can unscrew it and re-align it pretty easily. You shouldn't have to on a toy that pricey, but stuff happens, and it is a pretty easy fix. I feel fortunate not having that issue on mine, as it seemed like almost all the other versions of the mold that I have bought have had this issue. I have never used any glue when doing it and there should be a tutorial (I think someone outlines it in the P/CP review thread).

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's a defect in an otherwise great design, my P/CP gives me the same trouble, but with minimum effort (without disassemble) I was able to get it aligned pretty close. As for the limb looseness, mine appears to be free from that.

6. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the suggestions fellas'....appreciate it..!!!

7. MunkyX

MunkyX Shattered

I just received my PCntP on Saturday. I was fortunate enough to get in on the second order.

I seem to have the roof issue on mine as well... I'll be trying out the roof fix soon. The other problem mine had was with the little windows on the arms. In car mode, the driver's side window is a duplicate of the passenger side. Since the angle is meant to go in towards the passenger side, it points outward on the driver's side. I've emailed Fun Publications as of today, so we'll see what kind of answer I'll get. Maybe they can send me a replacement part and I can fix it myself. The other though is to get another Sideswipe or Sunstreaker fig and just use the piece from that. But that seems like an expensive fix :p  Hopefully, Fun Publications will come through for me.

*Update - Fun Publications will exchange the part for me. Easy fix. Thanks Fun Publications for your help :)