Punch Counter Punch order available this week!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cgibsonREX, Aug 9, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darn it! I didn't get a chance to buy an extra one for scalping purposes:D  (J/K!)

However, wow that was fast. Not sure how the club could of done it any better. I guess the club could say "older" members get first dibs but that wouldn't be fair to everyone who registered for just this toy.

However, places like KO toys, igear, also have this toy in stock so don't go running to pay scalper prices yet.

2. RavageBeak1000

RavageBeak1000 Well-Known Member

Yea but 300 individual TFCC members? Shattered Glass Cyclonus say for a long time before sell out. No one really predicted the hype until after the first sellout.
    I'm guessing/hoping there will be at least a few cancellations.

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

For those that missed out due to being notified late: Time to get on Twitter. It's free.

For those that knew and could have ordered but thought it would last longer: Lesson learned.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently so. The one per member restriction would confirm that. And contrary to popular belief, not everyone is into Shattered Glass. P/CP appeals to both Classics and G1 collectors making it more desirable, IMO.

5. RavageBeak1000

RavageBeak1000 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]However, places like KO toys, igear, also have this toy in stock so don't go running to pay scalper prices yet.[/QUOTE]

No go at either of those stores, just checked, KO has a loose one, no box or tech specs, IGear none listed.

One per member but hopefully the human check they mentioned will discover some bad buyers since it says that the computer will process all orders.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I would have missed out on this because of work. I'm glad I checked my email through phone during lunch. I ordered as soon as I read the email. Infact, I didn't even finish reading the email. I read like two sentences and took my ass to the website. Im so glad I have a phone that lets me have full Internet access.

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so the people who got this set was the people who has the time to stay home all day and wait for it. i guess maybe its the younger crowd who didnt go to work? i guess for us who had worked, well we can use that money to buy it anyways. like they say time is money!

8. goldent

goldent goldenprime

Ebay:
    iPhone4...I LOVE YOU!!!!

I just happened to check my mail on the way out of work at 9:10pm EST on my phone, saw the word "PUNCH" and jumped on the web from the phone and ordered it in a HOT SECOND!!! I was thinking they were going to put it out on Thursday.

This, Cyclonus, and the fact that Botcon was coming to Orlando (I snagged 2 out of the 3 Botcon Exclusives...no boxset :(  ) were the ONLY reasons why I renewed my membership for this 2010.

The 2011 Club Freebie is currently the ONLY reason why I'm renewing next year.

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    and it is out of stock...fuckers!

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I was at work when I ordered bro. I just got lucky. I got my email notification at 4:23. I didn't read my email till 4:45. I finished my order at roughly 5:00. By 6:30 it was sold out. Heck I missed out in Cyclonus. Can't complain though. I got what I really wanted. Internet access sucks at work so I had to use my phone. Don't know what to tell you man. Guess you weren't lucky enough this time.

There were only 300 of these to go around. You're dealing with different time zones. A lot of people were out of work when this went on sale. So it was easy for some people to order. I think the collectors club did a good job trying to cater to the fans. They made a second run, they offered them at a good time. The ordering process was easy...

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I put my order in at 6PM EST after mulling over it for a few minutes. Glad I did. :lol 

12. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I was at work when I found out about this as well. If you follow Botcon on twitter you would have known about it and had 3 hours to find a computer to order.

Heck if you just checked the news board on this site, you would have known about it in plenty of time.

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hi five lol. You should have gotten a Cyclonus too.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Nah. Cyclonus is PURPLE. :p 

I still am cringing at the fact that I dropped a bill on a deluxe figure though. Yeah I know it comes with membership but I really didn't need that part of the deal.

15. Nukeote

Nukeote Active Member

Complete BS. I didn't get my email till late so I didn't get crappola.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

But this is good guy Cyclonus lol.

Just think about it this way. Next year you will get a free toy. I think it's a Sideburn repaints of the Classics Rodimus mold. You could probably sell that sucker and make your money back.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Nah I'd keep that if it was Classics. :lol 

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

Lol then what the hell are you complaining about?

That does bring me back full circle to Cyclonus. You could have gotten him and resold him.

19. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I didn't know about the possibility of a free Rodimus figure. :p 

And who would want to buy a red/orange Cyclonus? :lol 

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Ummmm.... Rodimus fans?