PulseCon announced for Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galaxius84, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    That's the "portal" or nexus that leads everyone to the multiverse, or somesuch.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JCthegreat

JCthegreat Star Seeker

News Credits:
    I think Bulkhead works way better than Arcee because the legacy toy could be thought of as G1 Bulkhead. But for me, that doesn't really work with Arcee because she already (obviously) has a G1 version. So I can't put her with my Prime shelf or my G1 shelf, so I don't know why she exists. And I also just like the Bulkhead toy's overall look far better than this Arcee. That being said, I'm hyped to see what else this line has in store for us!

• Like Like x 2
  3. BoomClank25

BoomClank25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm kinda let down on the first wave as a whole, I'll probably skip them unless they wow me in reviews or in-person. But I'd totally buy the Laser Prime mold if Scourge looks like that. Phenomenal digibash!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Wack. Prime is most likely going to shelf warm by the time Megatron gets released so good business move Ha$bro.

5. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Despite popular belief, you probably shouldn't be able to see buildings with windows from space. This version of cybertron looks fine, cold generic metal planet, it's a bit blue but that's hardly the end of the world

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, as far as Leaders go Laser Prime is wave one, Blitzwing is wave two, and Dragon Megatron is wave 3.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will do something in the bio of Arcee to see if she is the same G1 arcee just rescanned?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laser Prime looks great!

I’ll be passing on the others, but I know future waves of Legacy contain lots of figures that I’m excited about!

Will the VR game be available on consoles, or is that something else altogether?

Oh, and the Devastation soundtrack is epic and so very deserving of an official release!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Interesting why they put Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime with the sword in the main artwork? Curious if there is something more than meets the eye? There's already a rumored accurate magenta colored Voyager Hot Rod, maybe this is it?

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ironic, Skids and Bulkhead both looked better in the stream than in the stock images, but I thought the others all looked worse due to the posing and camera angles. I wonder if the reaction to them would've been more positive if this had been the first time we'd seen them.

Honestly, it all feels a bit underwhelming to me, probably because the two most exciting things (to me) had already been revealed and it was a pretty small wave 1. None of them look bad, but none of them look that amazing to me either. Skids and Laser Prime definitely look like the best ones, and while I won't be getting Prime, I have a feeling I'll want Scourge if I can find him for a fair price. I'm glad his trailer looks way better than ER Prime's.

Still think Bulkhead looks decent but I'll need to see reviews before I know whether I'll want him or not.

Arcee looks like she's probably pretty good, but her robot mode just looks a bit off in all the images. It's hard to tell, I think it's just the posing. She looks like she'd be fine in a more straightforward standing pose. I do really like the bike mode though, and I'm interested to see her get retooled into Road Rocket and hopefully Flamewar and Flareup. I'll probably want to pick up one version of this mold at some point.

Kickback was always my least favorite Insecticon design, so he looks fine but I think I'll skip him and wait and get Bombshell or Shrapnel instead. I don't care about them enough to dedicate the shelf space to getting all three.

Dragstrip looks alright but I don't love him like I was hoping I would. Obviously way better than the CW one, and a better F1 mode than Kingdom Mirage, but he feels a little under-detailed. Both modes definitely have promise though so hopefully I'll be able to improve him with some extra paint.

I do really like the packaging! Still looking forward to seeing the rest of the line, especially Knock-Out, Starscream, and Jhiaxus.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    That criss cross effect is a tear in the universe and the planet looks like Cybertron being sucked into it

12. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Arcee looks way better than bulkhead, and G2 prime looks great, but why do they both look like they are missing $5 worth of budget? Like Prime’s hands look like they belong on a legends figure, they look so bad. And arcee just looks…. Cheap. Idk what it is but it looks like a significant step backwards after WFC.

• Like Like x 3
  13. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I\'m honestly most excited about the new packaging. It really makes a splash, and a needed change from the WFC Trilogy boxes! 

• Like Like x 1
  14. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I wondered about that myself but I'm fine with them being totally different characters just like how G1 Megatron and BW Megatron are (BW Megatron took that name as an homage, etc.) There's also for example quite a few humans named John, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He's part of Core wave one with Iguanus and Skywarp. They didn't show any of the three Core figures or Voyager Blaster for some reason. With Blaster it's entirely possible they didn't show him because he's supposed to have been moved up to wave five of Kingdom and will be in both lines. But the Core figures? No idea why they weren't shown unless they just weren't ready.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They probably don't. It will be interesting to see what they do with Defensor.
    Prime really doesn't shelf warm that often.... Even his reissue into Kingdom was not easy to find.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    After seeing Kickback, I’m glad I just got the XTB Insecticons.

Done with those.

18. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Wow! I've never been able to catch one one these events Live! This was great and a lot of fun, though some of the Presenters were a bit hammy.

Anyways, I am excited about the new Dragstrip and upcoming Stunticons, especially if they're more G1-based. I hope they combine solidly and that Menasor is well- proportioned and stands well. Combiner Wars Gestalts are all wobbly messes, and I own several.

All three Insecticons better get made in this same style, kickback looks beautiful.

G2 Lazer Prime is alright, the reuse of those legs is annoying, as is the size. I was foolishly hoping for a Re-issue of the original G1 Laser-Rod Optimus.

It's a shame these might be more difficult to get than ever.
    I guess we can thank YOU KNOW wHO :lolol  for the rising cost of everything and the pile-up of everything at our West Coast. Shipments may be delayed and shelves may be empty, so we'd better seek these out online. (There now, I didn't put our "dear leader's" name in!)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Arcee looking like "we have Prime Arcee at home." This is what Arcee looks like if you strip off all the stylistic bits that make her appearance interesting.

• Like Like x 6
  20. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    The most exciting thing with combiners for me is always how they combine. That is why the CW ones are a little disappointing since they all work the same way.