PulseCon announced for Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galaxius84, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Armada is in this line, "Where is Optimus Prime?"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I'm basing this on the fact that the show model was a heavily altered version of Cheetor's Transmetal robot mode, which the new toy is accurate to.

Would the potential Transmetal Cheetor retool need to change out a ton of shit? Yes, but that's normal these days. The Ravage toy itself only re-uses the lower robot and beast mode legs, and even added pegholes to Ravage's upper rear beast mode legs that could theoretically incorporate Transmetal Cheetor's rocket boosters (if they wanna stray from show accuracy a bit and make the rockets into detachable weapons).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Should there be like a speculation thread for Pulsecon now?

I can only think of

Reformatted Galvatron
    wave 1 Legacy
    next wave of RED
    more Beast Wars reissues

4. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Bah! Look how much the TF team has to talk about, and Pulse Con only gave them a 35 minute slot, that's so lame. This is a major in-house IP with a huge fanbase about to turn a significant product corner, not an airport shuttle bus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

Considering the severe lack of dedicated moulds for Evolution, possibly indicating an even smaller than usual budget, I don't think Hasbro actually has much faith in this line.

6. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Hopefully a good portion of the 35 minute running time isn’t dedicated to collabs no one gives two shits about or another Kickstarter campaign.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Don't forget some random "celebrity" saying "I had transformers as a kid, let me tell you my life story for 25 minutes..."

• Like Like x 6
  9. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean a severe lack? There's about two repaints, four repacks and two retools as far as we know. I don't see how this is a severe lack of dedicated molds compared to how many new molds there are.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care how short the presentation is, as long as there's pictures that I can stare at for hours afterwards if I so choose to do so. :lol 

• Like Like x 14
  11. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yes, for booting up cold, where the slag is he?!

• Like Like x 2
  12. DarkAxalonSyde

I mean, you have Prime Optimus and Bulkhead having to share a mould, Knockout being a SS86 Jazz retool, Laser Prime reusing ER Prime's legs (which were largely reused from Siege Prime), Armada Starscream being retooled from an upcoming video game figure and there's also talk of Elita possibly being a pretool of Minerva. I think that last one's largely speculation, but that would also fit with the possibility of Prime Arcee being a pretool of Road Rocket, which I think is likely, considering that none of the other Prime figures have dedicated moulds.

Edit: Also, if none of the Stunticons are retools, I will be amazed and insulted that they get dedicated moulds, while all those Prime and UT figures don't.

13. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Repaints / retools are to be expected with the cost of molds, or would you prefer to get 1/2 the figures every year at twice the cost?

• Like Like x 5
  14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You and me both!

I haven't read all of the prior 472 posts, but that's some very specific information about all of the characters coming out and the engineering around them.
    Where is all of this information coming from? Is it viable?

• Like Like x 2
  15. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

It’s not really how short it is, it’s the substance of it. Would you rather watch a long 3 hour boring movie or a 1 hour and a half good movie?

• Like Like x 1
  16. DarkAxalonSyde

Info on the TF Prime figures, along with Laser OP, came from Apollux (the guy who leaked and accurately described most of Kingdom), while the Starscream stuff came from JTPrime (who I'll admit is normally the listings guy, to my knowledge) but Apollux has at least confirmed Armada Starscream is a retool, just not which figure was he's retooled from.

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was lots of mold reuse in both Prime Wars and WFC too, as well as some figures that reused enough engineering that they appeared to be retools at first even though they didn't share any parts(like ER Wheeljack and Sunstreaker). Remember we haven't seen any of these yet and even the leakers have (AFAIK) only seen greyscale prototypes and/or drawings from instructions, so it's entirely possible that some of these figures are only sharing engineering with each other and not any major parts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DarkAxalonSyde

First of all, I believe that Apollux actually gets information specifically about what figures are retools. He hasn't seen Aramda Starscream or Prime Optimus, but knows what they're getting retooled from. Secondly, while yes, until we've gotten proper looks at them, there is a chance they might work better than they sound, but the descriptions for Prime Bulkhead and Knockout don't inspire confidence. From the descriptions, it sounds like they almost completely lack every major cue that are key to the personality of their designs. Laser Prime sounds like he might be alright and we haven't gotten a description of Starscream (since Apollux hasn't seen him) but whether they're good of bad, it doesn't change the fact that either: a) Anything that's not G1 or BW doesn't get a mould to itself or b) the entire line has way more retools than WFC, if latter Stunticons end up being retools.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Why is "lack of faith" on Hasbro's part the default reaction on this site from people that don't like what they see?

• Like Like x 9
  20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    What are you talking about? Please run the math on new molds from the Evolution Wave Breakdown thread.

• Like Like x 2