PulseCon announced for Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galaxius84, Jul 1, 2021.

1. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    So, y'know how infuriating it is when people comment on an article after reading just the headline and not the actual article itself?

It turns out... and believe me, no-one was more shocked about this than me... that the Pulse listing for Bulkhead has this in the product description (I've added a subtle thingy to highlight the relevant section):

legacy bulkhead product description.jpg

Who knew that the product description would use phrases like "inspired by" to make it absolutely clear that it's not actually the actual TFP Bulkhead?

Not me, and that's for sure! :p 

• Like Like x 12
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'd love to see them take lessons learned from WfC and give the Seacons and Liokiaser another go.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

That sucks. Hopefully he just got tired of listening to snowflakes, and realized social media doesn't matter. Most of the complainers don't have money to buy a lot of toys anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  4. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    I’d love a Liokaiser!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shay

Shay Active Member

Personally I think it’d be cool if there was a superion, Optimus Maximus, Defensor, or ruination

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you’re too subtle. :lol 

But yeah, it’s nice that it’s in the actual listing so it’s not false advertising or anything.. it still won’t make people stop complaining.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I mean despite my issues with the "Prime" figures, I have Skids, Dragstrip, and Shrapnel PO'ed.

While, yes, it does say "inspired by", the fiction says it IS Prime Bulkhead coming to the "Generations" universe or whatever it's called now.

I'd definitely say Arcee was inspired by "Prime Arcee" than Bulkhead was of his Prime self; it feels more like "AOE Hound inspired with Bulkhead's noggin". I'd definitely say I like the look of Arcee a BIT more (I'd have to see the face up closer imo).

8. Shay

Shay Active Member

This is sad but it’s true. But atleast I’m not an accuracy nut cause I think as long as the toy is fun then it’s cool

• Like Like x 1
  9. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Y'know I worry about that all the time. People are always telling me I'm too self-effaciong and not a complete gobshite at all. :p 

Okies, please point out precisely where it says that. A screenshot'll do, since that's what I used, or a link to it, if you've got one? :) 

• Like Like x 2
  10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I’m putting all my energy into figuring out whatever’s beyond whatever’s beyond Thunderdrome. It’s been a taxing evening.

• Like Like x 3
  11. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Dead easy. Battle Beyond The Stars.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Mandatory Stunning and Brave Fiction in Fiction

We are not allowed to look that far, good luck on your journey. And may you find what you are looking for.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Well, these descriptions certainly make them sound like their Prime counterparts.
    upload_2021-10-24_15-55-23.png
    upload_2021-10-24_16-0-53.png

During the TF panel, Marks says "we're taking all these characters from their own continuities and placing them in a universe of their own", at about 1:54:00 of the Day One stream.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd long forgotten about him, at least partly because I opted to get Energon Quickstrike's (another 'nameslap') toy who's deco I liked better.

15. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

Well we know Menasor for sure is coming and Defensor has a VERY good chance based on early returns here. I don't see Bruticus coming though. Computron as you stated would be interesting and stylistically possibly fit in with other late G1 coming in the next year or 2. I don't own Predaking but he seems solid. I do think we see Devastator redone in SS'86. It's already been pitched and they want to keep that line going. No way are the CW versions adequate today.

Haha yep it wasn't until 2018 they finally GOT it. ReReleases, Alternators, Masterpiece, Classics.....nope....I wasn't gonna do 3rd Party and that didn't do it either anyway, CHUG, Thrilling 30, Prime Wars got much closer, it at least became fun again for me, but 2018 was truly the G1 update. If G1 doesn't hit that sweet spot in your heart you don't get it or see a distinction between WFC and the almosts from years before. Other than Ironhide there's nothing I want redone. I will take all the JG1 I can get though and G1-ified entries intrigue me although it may force me to walk away from reading forums.

16. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    A lot of people would have just said "NO, do your own research," instead of citing their sources, so genuinely, thankyou for doing so! It speaks volumes about your intellectual honesty (in a good way). :) 

Question, are those screenshots from the news post about the figures? Because it actually does say the exact same thing on there, that it says on the Pulse listings:

TFW legacy product description.jpg

To be fair, though... the formatting on the post is a bit hard to follow, with everything sort of flowing into the next thing without much in the way of line breaks, so it's easy to see how people could miss those two bits (it took me a moment or two to spot them, in fact).

See, I interpreted that in a meta sense, not an in-universe sense. So, like, "let's do new takes on other dudes who were originally in other toylines", rather then "this is literally the same character from that universe".

Sure, you can interpret it that way, but I don't think it's the only interpretation or the most likely one. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have said it was even an obvious interpretation (for me, at least), until you pointed it out.

So yeah. Anyway, again, thank you for citing your sources, and being civil. S'nice, after the past two days! :p 

• Like Like x 4
  17. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I don't think Hasbro has known what to do with the Joe line for decades. I wouldn't be shocked if they found the strongly jingoistic, pro-American, gun-heavy toyline problematic, especially as a global company. Most of their efforts to reboot Joe have failed because they moved away from those core ideas that appealed to its fans. Like Sigma Six, which was a SF-heavy update (and I adored that toyline). Even classified started with more SF weapons, and from what I can see many of the collectors weren't fond of those, and the line has gotten even more back to basics than when it started.

• Like Like x 2
  18. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    It'll always be Action Force to me. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This doesn't really mean anything though. Traveling to different universes isn't something that's possible in real life (as far as we know...), so there are no set rules about how it works. If they decide that that means the characters get new bodies in the style of the universe they're joining, then that's how it works. And I still don't understand how that's any different from it just being a new, G1-styled version of the character. I'd understand it a lot more if Hasbro had intentionally revealed the product names ahead of the toy itself or announced 'we're making a new Prime Unvierse-inspired Bulkhead toy', but the only fault here is that they weren't able to prevent that information from leaking prematurely (and even then, the leakers were careful to be upfront about what the toys were going to be).

• Like Like x 1
  20. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So according to the panel RotB is still on track June so it hadn’t been delayed?