PulseCon announced for Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Galaxius84, Jul 1, 2021.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes I did. :) 

2. Ethan personaff

Ethan personaff Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hasbro could get confused and not make an Arcee retooled Road Rocket, but the G1 Road Rocket.
    TF Legacy Road Rocket.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Both!

4. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Dragstrip is an instant buy for me. He looks very nice and probably my favourite out of these Wave\'s deluxe figures.
    G2 Laser Prime is also an instant buy. He turned out better than I expected!
    Bulkhead looks better irl, I will buy. I could see hin going well with my Wreckers.
    Kickback looks okay, might not buy it though.
    Skids looks okay, same opinion as my opinion on Kickback.
    Arcee is just no lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyber Silver

Cyber Silver Obsession personified

YouTube:
    Bulkhead is starting to grow on me. I like it now for some reason

• Like Like x 2
  6. WestcoastFanboy

WestcoastFanboy Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    What happened? What do you like? I need some of that mojo….

7. kronatron

I get where you're coming from but to me at least, this feels like an upscaled voyager. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're giving G2 laser prime some love, I'm liking the trailer, but where are the missiles and the power-pizzas?

Considering the cab is the main 'bot, I'm not picking up the same vibe as the ER prime mold which had a little more complexity to it, like a smaller MP almost. This one seems like it's legs and there's not a lot of magic happening throughout the transformation.

I agree the Scourge mold is rocking the blacks and grays. I dunno, it may be a clearance buy for me but I'm sincerely happy for you if it checks all your boxes.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, well:
    Skids: I'm warming up to it. A little awkward and insubstantial/hollow in spots, but if the transformation isn't a pain, I'm on board.
    Dragstrip: Looks pretty darn good, especially as it's also gonna be a limb. They actually pulled off the six-wheeler race car mode.
    Arcee: Not quite the same departure as Bulkhead, but it's obvious Prime characters are getting a G1/CHUG makeover. Mixed feelings.
    Kickback: Leans heavy on the "G1 toy, but with knees now" feel, but it's working for me.

Bulkhead: I've made my feelings clear on Bulkhead in other threads - It ain't for me.

Laser Optimus: Looks like an Earthrise Op crotch there. The proportions feel a bit off to me, but it's a pretty decent looking toy. If anything, I think the colors look a little TOO much like the original, as IMO that's one of the weaker aspects of G2 Laser Prime. Guess we'll have to wait for Toyhax to get that "burning down the forest" trailer decal.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kronatron

Still, I dunno what it is. It's missing something. I can't put my finger on it. I look back at the HFTD cab and I like it. But for some reason this one just doesn't invoke that same sparkle.

Don't let me stop you from enjoying it, tho. Just my 2 cents, no biggie. :2c: 

10. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

I think this “G1-style” they’re doing for Prime Bulkhead and Arcee is because the First Edition versions of those characters already achieved show-accuracy, so Hasbro is going the reimagined route for them to keep things interesting.
    Personally I’m not worried about Armada Starscream being changed too drastically; he already fits in aesthetically with G1 anyway.
    I realize the panel was only showing off the first wave of Legacy, but I was really hoping to see Commander class Motormaster today. Oh well. Next time, one day we’ll see him.

• Like Like x 7
  11. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

He just looks way more substantial than most of the other reveals. Granted, he's a voyager, not a deluxe, but most of the others, especially Skids, look really cheap in comparison.

12. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

"I couldn't get accurate toys so neither can you"

• Like Like x 1
  13. zane1345

zane1345 Well-Known Member

Idk something about laser optimus's proportions seem a bit funky to me (even more than earthrise prime)

• Like Like x 2
  14. kronatron

My son asked me when the show was on the air "If transformers can survive in space why do some have noses?" Referring to some of his old man's toys up on the shelf.

I told him They are robots, they don't need oxygen, but some had noses so they could smell things better when they were not in space.

Hey, you try explaining anthropomorphism in Roman Imperial aesthetic to a 3-year old, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  15. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

Kickback looks great!

Whats the deal with Bulkhead and Arcee though? They look much worst than their Prime counterparts o_O 

16. kronatron

I could really do with a stubby-leg gorilla-armed version to go more in-line with the Animated and Prime design. Could even be repainted/retooled into Cybertron Crumplezone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

The most I put into it is that the energy of two sparks coming together creates a new spark, and then it gets put in a protoform. Not really, y'know, but a sort of approximation.

That makes it so that they can have proper parents and siblings, without it being too... creepy. But that IDW cannon explanation works too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Huh. The idea that mentors could be the American answer to Japanese G1's tendency to give Transformers parents never actually clicked with me.
    I like that idea a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I have said before about Laser Prime that I don't like how his shoulders seem to be stationary. Besides that, I like the rest of the line and pre-ordered them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been having this message on the top of the screen ever since buying a day one exclusive?
    Pulse Message.png
    I can't click on it, and I didn't pay for Premium, but I'm not sure how to check if I somehow got it or not.